Author Topic: Which one of you broke amazon?  (Read 1149 times)

idontknowyet

Which one of you broke amazon?
« on: May 16, 2021, 07:11:47 AM »
Though seriously. It's pretty broken today and people are going wild with their books disappearing and new releases not showing up.

How are your books? Have you looked or are you hiding?

A couple of mine are gone.

The following users thanked this post: R. C., VanessaC

Eric Thomson

Re: Which one of you broke amazon?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2021, 07:20:59 AM »
Guilty as charged M'Lord. I was messing with the matrix and it glitched.

The following users thanked this post: R. C., idontknowyet

Anarchist

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2021, 09:21:50 AM »
It's pretty broken today and people are going wild with their books disappearing and new releases not showing up.

Things occasionally break at Amazon and people lose control of themselves. Here's the process:

1. Problem occurs.

2. Someone reports the issue to the masses.

3. Others confirm the issue.

4. Then, the idiocy begins.

For me, it's a meh. Something broke. It got reported. Amazon is working on it. It'll get fixed. Crying about it won't get it fixed any faster.

Now it's just entertainment as people get increasingly emotional about it. There are seemingly few stoics among indie authors. lol
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: there is never enough of anything to fully satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics.” – Thomas Sowell

"The State is an institution run by gangs of murderers, plunderers and thieves, surrounded by willing executioners, propagandists, sycophants, crooks, liars, clowns, charlatans, dupes and useful idiots—an institution that dirties and taints everything it touches.” - Hans Hoppe

"Virtue is more to be feared than vice, because its excesses are not subject to the regulation of conscience." - Adam Smith

Nothing that requires the labor of others is a basic human right.

I keep a stiff upper lip and shoot from the hip. - AC/DC

The following users thanked this post: idontknowyet

VanessaC

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2021, 08:50:46 PM »
Though seriously. It's pretty broken today and people are going wild with their books disappearing and new releases not showing up.

How are your books? Have you looked or are you hiding?

A couple of mine are gone.

It's a pest - these things happen, and I generally trust the mighty Zon to fix them in due time.

I had a new release on Thursday, and luckily most of my readers had pre-ordered, and everyone on my newsletter had a link sent to them.

At one point my author central page was showing only four books (I think I have 12 / 13 out now).

Hoping it's fixed soon.

Genre: Fantasy

notthatamanda

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2021, 10:01:56 PM »
I'm missing book 3 of one trilogy and books 2 and 3 of the other.
I went to books2read and the links still work though when you go to the link one of my covers is missing. I've never seen that before, just white space on the book page where the cover should be.  :shrug

RPatton

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2021, 08:28:40 AM »
It's frustrating. Direct links work, which is good, but books are falling in and out of the searching unless they might have an ad running to them.

JRTomlin

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2021, 11:57:06 AM »
It broke yesterday actually. Yes, Amazon says they are working on it and no doubt they are. Yesterday my sales crashed (to the point of being nearly nonexistent), I assume because of the problems. Today they are somewhat back up but still not back up to normal. It has happened before and no doubt will happen again sometime in the future. As painful as it is, I try to take a deep breath and not panic. 🤷‍♀️

notthatamanda

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2021, 08:42:48 PM »
I did check last night and my links on the series did go to books 2 and 3 of my trilogies, those books are just missing from my author page.