Author Topic: 1 of my books has been added to Amazon by someone else. Now 3 times.  (Read 5794 times)

Post-Crisis D

Re: 1 of my books has been added to Amazon by someone else. Now 3 times.
« Reply #50 on: January 28, 2022, 02:00:30 AM »
This is a situation where consulting a copyright attorney might be advisable.

:mhk9U91:
Mulder: "If you're distracted by fear of those around you, it keeps you from seeing the actions of those above."
The X-Files: "Blood"

The following users thanked this post: Anarchist

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
  • Earth Galaxy core, 2618
    • The Hunter Imperium Universe
« Reply #51 on: February 05, 2022, 01:17:19 PM »
New response from Amazon.

They ARE ignoring take down notices.

They ONLY want their form used for notifying them.

That after ignoring my first 2 forms for over a month.

Even when the take down notice has everything on it their form does, they're still ignoring them.

Not a good sign.
Genres: Space Opera/Fantasy/Cyberpunk, with elements of LitRPG and GameLit, with a touch of the Supernatural. Also Spiritual and Games.

Timothy Ellis Kindle Author page. | Join the Hunter Legacy mailing list | The Hunter Imperium Universe on Facebook. | Forum Promo Page.

Marti Talbott

« Reply #52 on: February 10, 2022, 01:29:26 PM »
Tim, in the D2D seminar I listened to yesterday, they mentioned that Amazon is having a lot of problems with plagiarized books. Some are even changing adjectives trying to spoof the bots that are looking for similar sentences.
Read The Swindler, a historical romance available at:
Amazon, Apple, Google Play, Kobo & Nook
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08QG5K23

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
  • Earth Galaxy core, 2618
    • The Hunter Imperium Universe
« Reply #53 on: February 10, 2022, 01:38:42 PM »
Tim, in the D2D seminar I listened to yesterday, they mentioned that Amazon is having a lot of problems with plagiarized books. Some are even changing adjectives trying to spoof the bots that are looking for similar sentences.

I can't say that surprises me.

As far as I can tell though, nothing has been changed with my book. Just a comparison of the first page should flag the copy.

What surprises me is that I'd have expected all of them to be on the same account, and when they deleted the first 4, they'd have also deleted the account. But apparently not.
Genres: Space Opera/Fantasy/Cyberpunk, with elements of LitRPG and GameLit, with a touch of the Supernatural. Also Spiritual and Games.

Timothy Ellis Kindle Author page. | Join the Hunter Legacy mailing list | The Hunter Imperium Universe on Facebook. | Forum Promo Page.