Author Topic: Vellum upgrade and sale  (Read 822 times)

fferyllt

Vellum upgrade and sale
« on: December 01, 2021, 07:26:38 AM »
Just got this from Vellum if anyone is interested:

"It’s here! Vellum 3.0 is out now with exciting new options for styling your books.
And to celebrate this release, all packages are now 30% off!
Vellum Press   $249.99   $174.99
Vellum Ebooks   $199.99   $139.99"

The sale ends on December 6. I'm just about to purchase Vellum -- the upgrade has a lot of new features and a nice Saved Styles function -- so a $75 discount on the print and ebook version looks like an early holiday present in this sea of book launch expenses.
If you already have Vellum, the upgrade is free.

The following users thanked this post: alhawke

JRTomlin

Re: Vellum upgrade and sale
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2021, 11:07:58 AM »
I love my Vellum. Unfortunately, my very aged Mac won't run the upgrade or I would definitely buy it.

alhawke

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2021, 12:07:40 PM »
I love my Vellum. Unfortunately, my very aged Mac won't run the upgrade or I would definitely buy it.
I tried it even though it was a little risky with my planned upcoming book launch. It had all my prior defaults.

It's a free upgrade if you already have it. Update it if you can. It gives some nice extra features.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2021, 12:09:51 PM by alhawke »

JRTomlin

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2021, 03:47:11 PM »
Unfortunately I know that I can't run it. I do plan on buying a slightly newer used Mac next year so I can though. Thanks for the head's up that it's free as an upgrade. That's good to know.

elleoco

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2021, 03:55:50 PM »
Sorry to hear it. The used MacBook Pro I have will upgrade to Catalina, but I hate messing with that kind of stuff so it won't get done in any hurry. Maybe if I hear a lot of raves about those "nice extra features," it will be incentive to bother.