Author Topic: Twitter opportunity to promote Writer Sanctum  (Read 2264 times)

Tom Wood

Twitter opportunity to promote Writer Sanctum
« on: March 29, 2019, 07:59:30 PM »
David Gaughran, Joanna Penn, Victoria Strauss and others are discussing that Guardian article and posting on Twitter about it. Now is the time to engage with them and get some visibility here. The article links to KBoards, so I think we need to push back. I've done so on Twitter by pointing to Writer Sanctum, so please consider doing the same. I don't mean to promote my own Twitter feed, just showing an example of how to use Twitter to promote WS.

The following users thanked this post: Lorri Moulton, Ghost5

Lorri Moulton

Re: Twitter opportunity to promote Writer Sanctum
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2019, 08:42:27 AM »
I tweeted to Joanna she should check it out!  :ws

Author of Romance, Fantasy, Fairytales, Mystery & Suspense, and Historical Non-Fiction @ Lavender Cottage Books

lyndabelle

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2019, 08:29:17 AM »
Yeah, I saw that too, and the quote from a post that was at least a year or two old. Because I remember reading it when it was first posted. I mean the whole book stuffing subject had been talked about on the "Board that will not be named" for a couple years. And the Guardian just now did a story? LOL Oh well, it takes a while for the mainstream to catch up with what is actually happening with Indies.

But I can get on Twitter and see what I can do. It would be nice to see the Guardian find us and do some quotes as a follow up. Or even, just look over the more active topics we are discussing on this board.:tup3b
 :ws

Hey, as a PS:
I just went back to the Guardian article, and it looks like they took out the Kboards quote of the thread I was mentioning about the bookstuffers. I was pretty sure they mentioned Kboards in the article, and now it's gone. Did they update it and remove it? Weird.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2019, 08:35:16 AM by lyndabelle »

The following users thanked this post: Tiffmeister

Tiffmeister

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2019, 08:48:39 AM »
Yeah, I saw that too, and the quote from a post that was at least a year or two old. Because I remember reading it when it was first posted. I mean the whole book stuffing subject had been talked about on the "Board that will not be named" for a couple years. And the Guardian just now did a story? LOL Oh well, it takes a while for the mainstream to catch up with what is actually happening with Indies.

But I can get on Twitter and see what I can do. It would be nice to see the Guardian find us and do some quotes as a follow up. Or even, just look over the more active topics we are discussing on this board.:tup3b
 :ws

Hey, as a PS:
I just went back to the Guardian article, and it looks like they took out the Kboards quote of the thread I was mentioning about the bookstuffers. I was pretty sure they mentioned Kboards in the article, and now it's gone. Did they update it and remove it? Weird.

Just popped on Twitter and added my two cents. I wrote a whole blog post about the implosion at the time. Mentioned how a lot of us moved off Kboards and moved to here. Maybe that's why they took down the Kboards mention. It isn't the place to find out all things Indie anymore. I think that is what the article had mentioned, but I noticed it's gone too.

WriteOn

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2019, 09:55:40 AM »
I follow all of them on Twitter with the exception of Jonanna Penn, and I don't see a thing.