Author Topic: AA/AMS Ad Help  (Read 1471 times)

Lick Darsey

AA/AMS Ad Help
« on: August 28, 2019, 06:53:15 AM »
Update: The ad suddenly showed up on my dashboard and was already approved and delivering. I have no idea what happened.

Instead of creating a new ad from scratch, I copied an ad that I have running and changed the ad copy as well as the campaign name. I submitted the ad and received the notice that the ad is pending review. When I look at my dashboard I cannot find the ad anywhere. Usually I see new ads on the dashboard with the status as "pending review." Does anyone know where I can find the new ad I created from the copied ad?

Thanks for your help!
« Last Edit: August 28, 2019, 07:39:49 AM by Lick Darsey »

notthatamanda

Re: AA/AMS Ad Help
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2019, 07:10:37 AM »
Is your filter on for active?  X that out and look at everything.

Lick Darsey

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2019, 07:15:36 AM »
I made sure there were no filters set. I can see all of my ads. Even ones that are no longer active.

notthatamanda

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2019, 10:18:33 PM »
I just created a new one and it showed up just fine, pending review, in orange. 
Did yours show up yet?
Maybe it is a copying ad problem.

LilyBLily

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2019, 03:33:12 AM »
The dashboard can be weird. I spent some time today changing bids on keywords, and several times I suddenly was back at a different page. At least the changes I made held.

As to why I made these changes, it's very simple: Amazon hasn't been spending my ad budget. It spent only $1.50 yesterday. That's pathetic, with nonexistent sales and page reads to match. It's certainly proof that one must advertise to get any attention on Amazon.

So I reactivated a ton of keywords, added more, hiked all the apparently nonperforming bids, added another negative keyword, and upped the daily ad budget. This is on my series opener that has sold steadily for four years and for nearly three years with this ad. I don't really want to change the ad itself or do a new one; that involves a lot of pain in copywriting. Some aspects of marketing just never get easier.

Lick Darsey

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2019, 08:43:06 PM »
I'm still not sure exactly what's going on with my dashboard. The copied ad showed up but I have two more that are being weird. I tried to create new ads but got error messages when I clicked the Launch Campaign button. After the error message for both of the new ads I got an email saying my ads were in review. The campaign names for both were a long string of letters and numbers and not the name I assigned to the campaign. Later I got emails telling the two campaigns were moderated and eligible to serve. Neither one of those ads show in my dashboard. I'm going t have to call support I guess.

BTW- Sorry for the delayed response. My wife and I have a newborn and toddler...

notthatamanda

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2019, 09:49:16 PM »
Glad you got it worked out, thank you for posting about it.  It helps when something weird happens to know I am not the only one.
Congratulations on the baby and I hope you guys are getting some sleep.