Author Topic: AA Bidding Strategy  (Read 1452 times)

Harald

AA Bidding Strategy
« on: December 08, 2019, 01:40:26 AM »
It’s been ages since I’ve been on here...

So my new Amazon Advertising (formerly: AMS) campaign for new book is approved to start soon and I was poking around and noticed some things I hadn’t seen before (I’ve been running Sponsored Product ads for 1-2 years on prior books and I don’t think these features were available back then, or if so, I forgot why I chose the setttings I chose).

Anyway, I now have these main options to consider:
1. BIDDING STRATEGY: My last book (campaign still running and in the black with low bids) is: Dynamic - Down Only. I could do that again (“if it ain’t broke...”) but am wondering about trying Dynamic - Up and Down.
2. PLACEMENTS: I’m pretty sure this is a fairly new feature. Now I can indicate a Bid Adjustment (% increase) for Top of Search Page and also for Product Pages. Looking at my last book, I see that I have almost no action in Top of Search; it’s all on the Product page.

Anybody have some experience to share about this? (and FYI: this new book is Time Travel Fiction / Historical Fantasy, which is different than prior books, if genre makes a difference).

Thanks for any inputs.

Tom Wood

Re: AA Bidding Strategy
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2019, 02:21:04 AM »
There are a couple of Facebook Groups where ad strategies are the focus:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1056593901397144/ - This is a new one by Robert Ryan who is selling his series of books about selling books. The discussions are useful.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/393917614473395/ - This one has been around a while and also has good discussions.

The following users thanked this post: liveswithbirds

Harald

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2019, 02:55:40 AM »
There are a couple of Facebook Groups where ad strategies are the focus:...

Thanks, Tom. Will check those out.

Lu Kudzoza

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2019, 06:28:24 AM »
I tried the dynamic bid up and down and it wasn't as cost effective as down only. The bids were higher, but the conversion rate didn't go up. So in the end, I spent more money for the same number of sales.

The following users thanked this post: Harald

Harald

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2019, 12:24:01 AM »
UPDATE: Got some advice elsewhere. Starting off with D-Down and 0-0% on Placement increases. Will let it run and watch the results on the Placements tab and adjust as needed. Thanks Tom and Lu!