Author Topic: Does Amazon price match Audiobook sales?  (Read 280 times)

alhawke

Does Amazon price match Audiobook sales?
« on: September 17, 2023, 01:30:28 AM »
I'm using Findaway to distribute my audiobooks. Has anyone ever contacted Amazon during a promotion to see if Amazon was willing to price drop a book? I think the answer is no. From the Chirp promos I've seen, I haven't seen a drop in in price on Amazon. Findaway promos only work for Apple, Spotify, B&N, and Chirp. Anyway, I'm always looking at ways to sell more on Audible too and I'm planning a promo next month for one of my audiobooks.

writeway

Re: Does Amazon price match Audiobook sales?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2023, 10:06:26 AM »
I'm probably not any help because I don't do audiobooks but I have been around many who do and know how they are produced. I have never heard of price-matching for an audiobook. I would say they probably don't do it but again, I could be wrong. But I've never heard of authors asking Amazon to price-match audiobooks. Really this is the first time I've heard an author ask about price-matching audio.

The following users thanked this post: alhawke

alhawke

Re: Does Amazon price match Audiobook sales?
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2023, 10:11:44 AM »
Yes. Well, audiobook promos is kinda of in an infancy, I think. I'm setting up a sale through AudioThicket & Excite Steam in October. Those two companies, and Chirp, are the only ones I'm aware of that promote audio sales. And so far the only benefit I've had with such promotions have been with Chirp sales (I ran a sale a couple months ago as well).