Author Topic: Witness the power of this fully armed and operational Amazon Followers Email!  (Read 2579 times)

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
  • Earth Galaxy core, 2618
    • The Hunter Imperium Universe
The Amazon followers email might be glitchy as to when and if it goes out, but for some reason my short story release got one over the last 24 hours, within 2 weeks of release, and after I thought its ranking days were done.

The story made #1 on day 1, but none of the tags were activated, so I thought I'd lost the chance to get them.

And then, these. 2 of the 3.

Made my day.

But it goes to show just how important the followers emails are to a book performing or not.
Genres: Space Opera/Fantasy/Cyberpunk, with elements of LitRPG and GameLit, with a touch of the Supernatural. Also Spiritual and Games.

Timothy Ellis Kindle Author page. | Join the Hunter Legacy mailing list | The Hunter Imperium Universe on Facebook. | Forum Promo Page.

cecilia_writer

That's great, Timothy. It's quite a while since I got of of these orange tags, and even then it was only because Amazon randomly put one of my mystery novels n the 'British gardens' sub-sub-sub-category just because it had 'garden' in the title. It alternated at no. 1 for a little while with a book about cultivating trees and shrubs.
It's interesting that this should happen, because only a couple of days ago I also noticed a big boost for the novel I released at the end of May following one of those emails. It was just at the point when I thought the book was teetering on the edge of the 30 day cliff. It hasn't managed to get to no. 1 anywhere yet but I suddenly sold around 50 copies in one day (on Amazon UK).
Cecilia Peartree - Woman of Mystery

VanessaC

Oh, nice!

Always good when something goes right.

:dance:

Genre: Fantasy

notthatamanda

The Amazon followers email might be glitchy as to when and if it goes out, but for some reason my short story release got one over the last 24 hours, within 2 weeks of release, and after I thought its ranking days were done.

The story made #1 on day 1, but none of the tags were activated, so I thought I'd lost the chance to get them.

And then, these. 2 of the 3.

Made my day.

But it goes to show just how important the followers emails are to a book performing or not.
Congratulations and thanks for posting the data.

Maggie Ann

:clap:  Woo-Hoo!!!

Bill Hiatt

• Trilogy unlocked
  • Tickling the imagination one book at a time
    • Bill Hiatt's Author Website
Congratulations! Let us hope this is a sign that Amazon is realizing the system has potential to make more sales for them--if done correctly.

Tickling the imagination one book at a time
Bill Hiatt | fiction website | education website | Facebook author page | Twitter

Vijaya

Sweet!!! :cheers

Author of over 100 books and magazine pieces, primarily for children
Vijaya Bodach | Personal Blog | Bodach Books

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
Congratulations! Let us hope this is a sign that Amazon is realizing the system has potential to make more sales for them--if done correctly.

Actually, I think its more likely author rank.

I've been pretty low for a while now, but the last novel started flowing back into my previous books. So my author rank went back up again.

I suspect I crossed the magic line to get followers emails within 2 weeks.

Several of my followed authors never stop being high ranked, and they always get followers emails within 10 days.
Genres: Space Opera/Fantasy/Cyberpunk, with elements of LitRPG and GameLit, with a touch of the Supernatural. Also Spiritual and Games.

Timothy Ellis Kindle Author page. | Join the Hunter Legacy mailing list | The Hunter Imperium Universe on Facebook. | Forum Promo Page.

The following users thanked this post: notthatamanda

notthatamanda

Actually, I think its more likely author rank.

I've been pretty low for a while now, but the last novel started flowing back into my previous books. So my author rank went back up again.

I suspect I crossed the magic line to get followers emails within 2 weeks.

Several of my followed authors never stop being high ranked, and they always get followers emails within 10 days.
OOOOhhhhh.   Do you have a ballpark on the magic rank?  It would explain why the trad pubbed author I got a new release email on went out about four days after her latest release.  Also it would make sense to plan to advertise existing books going into a new release.

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
OOOOhhhhh.   Do you have a ballpark on the magic rank?

Not really. I'm above 4000 in all books, above 3000 in Kindle, but just dropped like a stone from higher, just above 500 in SF&F, 240 in SF, and 328 in F. Last day has seen a big dip though. But the ballparks are enough.

Last novel rocketed me from 9k up into the 4ks, and it got a FE at 16 days. The book before I spend mainly below 5k, and didn't get one at all.

So it could well be the threshold for a followers email in timely fashion is 5000 in the whole store, author rank.

But its just a guess.

The following users thanked this post: notthatamanda