Author Topic: LY Publishing Services - Editing, Proofreading, and Beta Reading  (Read 1251 times)

Lindsay

• Tag Line unlocked
  • adverbially delicious
LY Publishing Services - Editing, Proofreading, and Beta Reading
« on: September 26, 2018, 09:24:54 AM »

Looking for a thorough editor with a quick turnaround to help you with your next project? Consider LY Publishing Services! I'm Lindsay, the editor behind LYPS.I have both a BA and MA in English, and officially began working as a freelance editor in 2012 while tutoring and teaching English courses part-time as well.

I'd love to expand my client base. My experience is primarily in fiction, PNR and SFR being my two biggest markets at the moment. I also work with mysteries, urban fantasy, and erotica of all shapes and sizes. I'm glad to work with manuscripts in any genre, and any types of content. I also have experience editing non-fiction academic literary research and, more recently, memoir and non-fiction essay anthologies.

To see if we'd be a good fit, I'm happy to provide a sample edit (proofread or copyedit, depending on your needs) of the first two chapters or 1500 words of your work, whichever you would prefer.

Services
The three standard services I offer year-round for standard rates are beta reading, proofreading, and copyediting. Developmental editing is offered but on a case-by-case basis. I also offer blurb composition for any book I've worked with for $10, unlimited revisions.

Beta Reading
I'll provide feedback on characters, how interesting the narrative is, what I think works or doesn't work, and other reader response concerns. Each chapter gets a write-up with a reader reaction, as well as a terminal write-up for the piece as a whole.

Proofreading
Focuses on technical concerns only. I will provide grammatical corrections, resolve spelling errors, and be mindful of consistency, but will keep deep edit concerns to a minimum. Plot and characterization are not addressed with this service -- recommended only for mature manuscripts. I'm also happy to proof previously published works.

Copyediting
Offers a universal focus, including grammar and correctness, readability and natural-sounding language, internal consistency, and engagement with plot and characterization. As this combines proofreading with line edits, this is a more extensive service where I engage not just with technical aspects but also the ideas at play on the page and in the larger narrative. I strive to preserve authorial voice while making sure a piece sounds natural, in-character (or stylistically consistent), and engaging.

Blurbs
For any manuscript I've read in its entirety, I'm happy to write the blurb. For $10, you get unlimited revisions, so you'll get something you like or I'll die trying!

Standard Pricing
Beta reading is $0.001 per word (100k WC = $100).

Proofreading:
< 25k: $50
25k - 50k: $100
50k - 75k: $150
75k - 100k: $200
100k - 125k: $250
125k - 150k: $300
150k - 175k: $350
175k - 200k: $400
> 200k: Contact me for a quote

Copyediting:
< 25k: $100
25k - 50k: $150
50k - 75k: $225
75k - 100k: $300
100k - 125k: $375
125k - 150k: $450
150k - 175k: $525
175k - 200k: $600
> 200k: Contact me for a quote

Blurbs:
For any project that I've fully read, I will compose a sample blurb or consult with the author as a proofreader and sounding board for the blurb they've written. Unlimited revisions. Composition is $10, and consulting is free with any service.

Because of my quick turnarounds, it's not uncommon for me to fit in last-minute projects, so don't hesitate to check if I'm available!
Invoicing is done via PayPal, but I do have other options available. I also offer series & referral discounts, as well as discounts on same-manuscript services. Mention that you found me via the Writer Sanctum and you'll get $15 off your first booking.

For more about me and the services I offer, please visit my website at http://lypublishing.com/ where you can see sample edits, read recently updated testimonials, browse my portfolio, and more. Thanks!
« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 08:32:38 AM by Lindsay »