Author Topic: Email verification of Registration is now on.  (Read 2713 times)

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
  • Earth Galaxy core, 2618
    • The Hunter Imperium Universe
Email verification of Registration is now on.
« on: September 28, 2018, 01:23:38 AM »
In order to find out if the spammer has a valid email address, as they look dodgy to me, I've turned on email verification.

This means anyone registering from now on will have to wait for an email, and click the link on it to verify their email is real, before gaining member status.

This may cause problems, since some of the web mail systems actively block forum emails, and so some people wont get the validation email.

If this is you, and you came looking for a workaround or reason you still cant get in, email me at rego @ writersanctum . com.
Genres: Space Opera/Fantasy/Cyberpunk, with elements of LitRPG and GameLit, with a touch of the Supernatural. Also Spiritual and Games.

Timothy Ellis Kindle Author page. | Join the Hunter Legacy mailing list | The Hunter Imperium Universe on Facebook. | Forum Promo Page.

The following users thanked this post: Post-Crisis D, Ghost5, Maggie Ann, Anarchist

KSenniaV

Re: Email verification of Registration is now on.
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2018, 09:40:13 AM »

Confirmation emails for the win!  :tup3b

Maggie Ann

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2018, 09:41:37 AM »
You're always looking out for us, Tim.

:clap: :dog1:

Tom Wood

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2018, 10:05:32 AM »
There's also StopForumSpam:

https://www.stopforumspam.com/

It shows there's a plugin for SMF:

https://www.stopforumspam.com/contributions

Marigold

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2018, 07:27:18 AM »
In order to find out if the spammer has a valid email address, as they look dodgy to me, I've turned on email verification.

This means anyone registering from now on will have to wait for an email, and click the link on it to verify their email is real, before gaining member status.

This may cause problems, since some of the web mail systems actively block forum emails, and so some people wont get the validation email.

If this is you, and you came looking for a workaround or reason you still cant get in, email me at rego @ writersanctum . com.

Bump.