Author Topic: Sorry to be so ubiquitous  (Read 2161 times)

Marigold

Sorry to be so ubiquitous
« on: December 19, 2018, 07:24:44 AM »
I signed in a little while ago and noticed that a certain spammer was posting inappropriate requests in just about every thread. Didn't want that to be the first thing users saw when they logged in, so I started finding good posts that I could commend in each thread and bump them to the top. Result is that now my username is dominating the forum, at least for the present. Sorry about that.

The following users thanked this post: Denise, VanessaC

Post-Crisis D

Re: Sorry to be so ubiquitous
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2018, 07:38:45 AM »
It's like they knew when Timothy wasn't here . . .
Mulder: "If you're distracted by fear of those around you, it keeps you from seeing the actions of those above."
The X-Files: "Blood"

RappaDizzy

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2018, 07:45:53 AM »
Nothing wrong with being dominant

The following users thanked this post: Denise

Marigold

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2018, 08:19:42 AM »

I wonder how many reports about the spammer in question Timothy will find waiting for him the next time he does check in? 

P.S.  What time is it in Australia, anyway?

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
  • Earth Galaxy core, 2618
    • The Hunter Imperium Universe
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2018, 11:48:43 AM »
I wonder how many reports about the spammer in question Timothy will find waiting for him the next time he does check in? 
P.S.  What time is it in Australia, anyway?

Caffeine time.  :icon_mrgreen:

And lots. Looks like I need to change the registration around a bit. The posts were so regular it had to be a bot. Also the 2nd registration posting the same thing.  :doh:
Genres: Space Opera/Fantasy/Cyberpunk, with elements of LitRPG and GameLit, with a touch of the Supernatural. Also Spiritual and Games.

Timothy Ellis Kindle Author page. | Join the Hunter Legacy mailing list | The Hunter Imperium Universe on Facebook. | Forum Promo Page.

The following users thanked this post: Marigold

Jeff Tanyard

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2018, 12:07:42 PM »
Nothing wrong with being dominant

:icon_lol2:

Caffeine time.  :icon_mrgreen:

:icon_eek:

I signed in a little while ago and noticed that a certain spammer was posting inappropriate requests in just about every thread. Didn't want that to be the first thing users saw when they logged in, so I started finding good posts that I could commend in each thread and bump them to the top. Result is that now my username is dominating the forum, at least for the present. Sorry about that.

In all seriousness, that was very thoughtful of you.   :cheers
v  v  v  v  v    Short Stories    v  v  v  v  v    vv FREE! vv

Genres: Science Fiction, Fantasy (some day) | Author Website

The following users thanked this post: Joe Vasicek, Marigold

VanessaC

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2018, 09:30:52 PM »

That was a nice idea - well done.  I just saw the spam stuff, rolled my eyes -  :icon_rolleyes: - and went to check my sales dashboard instead.  Far less helpful for everyone else!!

Genre: Fantasy

The following users thanked this post: Marigold