Author Topic: 2k words a day thread....  (Read 13631 times)

Pandorra

2k words a day thread....
« on: September 17, 2018, 06:03:44 AM »
Going to start this off with a word count since I have been seriously slacking getting back to mine and need some accountability. Getting about 1k a day right now.. trying to get back to 2-3k!

Dean Rencraft | Authors in Motion

The following users thanked this post: Lady T L Jennings

Lorri Moulton

Re: 2k words a day thread....
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2018, 07:05:18 AM »
I need to finish this book before Halloween, so I'm in.   

Author of Romance, Fantasy, Fairytales, Mystery & Suspense, and Historical Non-Fiction @ Lavender Cottage Books

Pandorra

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2018, 12:20:00 PM »
2,858 I will try for more in a bit but need to take a break!! This is still way better than I have been getting so I am excited to be back in the chat, I didn't realize how much it helps me stay focused. :banana:

Simon Haynes

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2018, 05:16:59 PM »
I've hit 2.2k - 2.9k for the last five days straight. The first few days of this month were lousy (it's a new novel, always slow at the start).

I have to write 2800 per day to finish it by the 30th September, which is my set-in-stone deadline.

W.R. Gingell

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2018, 06:00:15 PM »
 :banana: DEFINITELY gunna join in properly when I'm writing again--at the moment I'm editing, so maybe I'll pop in when I finish my 2 chapters per day editing instead  :roll:

:grouphug:

ETA: Ugh, now I gotta figure out the sig thing again...
G'day. My name is Pet. Well. I’m not exactly Pet. I AM a pet. Yeah, it's weird. But it's not WEIRD weird, you know?
W.R. Gingell | The WR(ite) Blog | W.R. Gingell Facebook

Pandorra

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2018, 06:55:30 PM »
:banana: DEFINITELY gunna join in properly when I'm writing again--at the moment I'm editing, so maybe I'll pop in when I finish my 2 chapters per day editing instead  :roll:

:grouphug:

ETA: Ugh, now I gotta figure out the sig thing again...

lol just copy the one in your signature line from the old site and post it in your sig-line here.. works like a dream!! Good to see you joining in, I've missed my writing partners!!

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
  • Earth Galaxy core, 2618
    • The Hunter Imperium Universe
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2018, 09:11:13 PM »
lol just copy the one in your signature line from the old site and post it in your sig-line here.. works like a dream!!

The only problem is, their affiliate code is still on the links, so if someone clicks the link, Kboards gets paid.

Someone reported just recently that all signatures were changed to add their affiliate code.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 09:13:39 PM by TimothyEllis »
Genres: Space Opera/Fantasy/Cyberpunk, with elements of LitRPG and GameLit, with a touch of the Supernatural. Also Spiritual and Games.

Timothy Ellis Kindle Author page. | Join the Hunter Legacy mailing list | The Hunter Imperium Universe on Facebook. | Forum Promo Page.

Simon Haynes

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2018, 10:04:16 PM »
lol just copy the one in your signature line from the old site and post it in your sig-line here.. works like a dream!!

The only problem is, their affiliate code is still on the links, so if someone clicks the link, Kboards gets paid.

Someone reported just recently that all signatures were changed to add their affiliate code.

They always had a rule that 3rd party affiliate codes were banned, because they used their own. All the linkmakers on the site add the KB code.

Personally I link to my own website, and that's immune to having links interfered with.

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
  • Earth Galaxy core, 2618
    • The Hunter Imperium Universe
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2018, 10:13:53 PM »
Anyone can use their affiliate code here.

Or they can use mine.  grin

I posted about how to change it, if importing from KB.
Genres: Space Opera/Fantasy/Cyberpunk, with elements of LitRPG and GameLit, with a touch of the Supernatural. Also Spiritual and Games.

Timothy Ellis Kindle Author page. | Join the Hunter Legacy mailing list | The Hunter Imperium Universe on Facebook. | Forum Promo Page.

Lorri Moulton

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2018, 01:38:53 AM »

I took out all the extra language and the signature line still works.

As for words, about 2.5 last night!  :smilie_zauber:

Author of Romance, Fantasy, Fairytales, Mystery & Suspense, and Historical Non-Fiction @ Lavender Cottage Books

The Doctor

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2018, 02:42:16 AM »
Hi all,

I've written over 3k words in the past twenty-four hours for a new story I hadn't planned to start writing. I'm writing out of sequence, just the scenes that came to me first. Such fun!

Genre: Weird Fiction | Science Fiction | Fantasy | Horror |
Gayle Ramage Website

WasAnn

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2018, 07:31:48 AM »
I wish I had the discipline for this. I tend to follow the writer-bulemia trend. I binge out anywhere from 5 to 10K in a giant day of insanity, then hate my keyboard for several days.

Right now I'm in editing mode, which is sooooo slow. Giving you all a big huzzah for doing it though!

Science Fiction is my game.

The following users thanked this post: Ghost5

W.R. Gingell

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2018, 09:42:24 AM »
I wish I had the discipline for this. I tend to follow the writer-bulemia trend. I binge out anywhere from 5 to 10K in a giant day of insanity, then hate my keyboard for several days.

Right now I'm in editing mode, which is sooooo slow. Giving you all a big huzzah for doing it though!

Ugh, I've been doing that lately--by necessity more than planning, though. I made myself a hard deadline (put up the preorder on Amazon before it was ready) and then didn't work as hard as I could have (and got sick for two weeks) so then I had to do a couple of 10k and 8k days...

:icon_think: I really need to stop killing myself like this...

I, too, am in editing mode, so yay! Mine should be finished within the week though; then on to apply beta feedback early next week, and upload final files on Thursday next week.

My joy this week, since I got sick again, is that I'll be going to see Hamlet this Saturday!  :banana:
G'day. My name is Pet. Well. I’m not exactly Pet. I AM a pet. Yeah, it's weird. But it's not WEIRD weird, you know?

W.R. Gingell

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2018, 09:43:11 AM »
Hi all,

I've written over 3k words in the past twenty-four hours for a new story I hadn't planned to start writing. I'm writing out of sequence, just the scenes that came to me first. Such fun!

:icon_rolleyes: glad I'm not the only one that does that. I don't seem to be able to write linearly lately...

R. C.

• Epic Novel unlocked
  • "Sooner barbarity than boredom." - T. Gautier
    • R C Ducantlin - Writer of Stories
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2018, 09:47:14 AM »
3947 yesterday... so today... fixing and fixing and fixing. 

Plus, today I had to stop and move over to where the cools kids are hanging now.

ThumbsUp2

Cheers,
Ruairi

Post-Crisis D

« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2018, 10:00:37 AM »

So disappointing.  I was hoping you'd move your "Less than 1000 words a week club" over here.   :icon_cry:

I have two novels to finish before Halloween.  I can pretty much guarantee neither one will be finished by Halloween.
Mulder: "If you're distracted by fear of those around you, it keeps you from seeing the actions of those above."
The X-Files: "Blood"

The following users thanked this post: AtoZ

Lorri Moulton

« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2018, 11:03:50 AM »

So disappointing.  I was hoping you'd move your "Less than 1000 words a week club" over here.   :icon_cry:

I have two novels to finish before Halloween.  I can pretty much guarantee neither one will be finished by Halloween.

It's back!  I'm not going to get 2k done tonight, so I'm out.   :Healing:

W.R. Gingell

« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2018, 05:39:30 PM »

It's back!  I'm not going to get 2k done tonight, so I'm out.   :Healing:

Eh, we'll forgive you  :grin:

I'm not actually writing--just editing--and I'm still hanging out here  :mhk9U91:

I've got half my editing done for the day, and am about to start on the second half (I got distracted by the train wreck that is the KBoards VS TOS thread... :icon_eek: :angry:)

Pandorra

« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2018, 03:56:22 AM »
So I slacked all day Monday (or was it tues?.. lol) So got no words, then had to rush and catch up on wed and ended up with over 5k .. I did about 2k last night and now only have about 10k to finish the second book of Elera!! I am so excited, but ironically, not awake enough yet to be in the mood to write, so we'll see! LOL

EOWriter

• Tag Line unlocked
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2018, 06:31:44 AM »
Glad to see a revival of this topic! I'm on the last 20k of my 80k novel. I think I need a light and fluffy write after this heart-wrencher!!

3,201 for today

USA Today bestselling author of The Gone Trilogy & Dean's List: Website | Goodreads | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Free Books

VisitasKeat

• Short Novel unlocked
  • Following my characters. Wherever they take me.
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2018, 05:09:31 PM »
Will be working on my new novel very soon. Hope to meet the daily threshold of this thread! :Tup4a:

Pandorra

« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2018, 12:51:51 PM »
Okay, fail. about 1500 yesterday and today so far, though I am not done yet. I am on the last big scene and it's a tricky ending so I actually had to sit down, make graphs, and plan out the battle and other components so the ending would be spot on... so I'm working but not many words since its taking time to make sure its all going the way it should.

Post-Crisis D

« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2018, 04:34:51 PM »
I'll probably never qualify for this thread so I'll just occasionally peek in, smile and wave pleasantly while filled with a burning jealous rage.

:mhk9U91:

You'll never be able to look at that little guy the same way again.
Mulder: "If you're distracted by fear of those around you, it keeps you from seeing the actions of those above."
The X-Files: "Blood"

The following users thanked this post: Mark Gardner

Cebyam

• I have my Spacesuit ON
  • Tag Line unlocked
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2018, 05:03:27 PM »
2812 so far today.

This year has been pretty abysmal for me on the writing front with the day job sucking up so much of my mental energy, but it's school holidays now, so I have 2 weeks free! Woo! Aiming for at least 2k a day, preferably 5k+

Lady T L Jennings

« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2018, 06:34:58 PM »
I've started a new book this week (working title "Dark Secrets and Hawthorn Hill", a Victorian Gothic Romance novel).
My goal was to write 2,500 words (semi-edited) each day.
Yesterday I clocked out on 12,502 words that I've written since Monday. This is my absolute, personal best of all time since I started writing back in 2011!
:-)
Lady T. L. Jennings ~ Writing Victorian Romance and ohlala in longhand since 2011. Visit her at: www.mysecretquill.com

The Dangerous Letters Trilogy ~ Gay Historical Romance

Simon Haynes

« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2018, 07:04:16 PM »
I've kept up 2.5k or above per day for two weeks now, occasionally hitting 3.5 or 4k

Only 15k to go with this novel, and 7 days until my self-imposed deadline.

Cebyam

• I have my Spacesuit ON
  • Tag Line unlocked
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2018, 07:33:46 PM »
Ended up with 3463 words yesterday. Up to 3013 so far today. Will try and get a bit more in before dinner's ready!

Pandorra

« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2018, 07:37:24 PM »
3221 and a lot of editing and rewrites ... almost done! :banana:

VisitasKeat

• Short Novel unlocked
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2018, 12:53:47 AM »

Pandorra

« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2018, 03:19:32 PM »
Andddddd Done!!  :band:   :banana: :dance: :banana: :dance: :banana: :dance: :banana: :dance: :band: 

Gotta finish the edits and change a few minor things but the second book of Elera is finished! (The first came out last oct so this was overdue!!)

be back in a few days when I start on the second half of Edge!
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 03:21:46 PM by Pandorra »

Misti

« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2018, 04:00:48 PM »
I’m going to hop on in and join this thread too. I’m aiming for 3k a day, but I’d be really happy with 2k if I can make it happen on a daily basis. Whatever my word count, my primary goal right now is consistency.
2.5k for me today plus some editing :)

VisitasKeat

• Short Novel unlocked
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2018, 01:57:32 AM »
Spent my WEP session on cleaning my workspace. :HB

Rick Partlow

« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2018, 02:24:16 AM »
I've pretty much made 2,000 words my daily goal.  Sometimes I'll go over, but not by much.  I never go under.  I take a couple weeks or so between books for plotting, but I've basically been writing 2000 words a day since 2016.

Simon Haynes

« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2018, 04:21:47 AM »
4116 today. Only 9k to go to finish the novel, and it's the third and last in the series so it's going to be the end in more ways than one.

I'm excited about moving on to the next title now - back to SF again.

Also, just about to hit 500,000 words for the year. It's like watching the odometer tick over!

TheLadyNyra

« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2018, 07:03:40 AM »
I'll probably never qualify for this thread so I'll just occasionally peek in, smile and wave pleasantly while filled with a burning jealous rage.

:mhk9U91:

You'll never be able to look at that little guy the same way again.

Dan, I started an Any Words a Day Thread - as at the moment I can't reach these dizzying heights of writing.

Good job to those who are! Keep it up guys, you all rock!  :band:

Cebyam

• I have my Spacesuit ON
  • Tag Line unlocked
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2018, 07:26:09 AM »
Ended up with 3497 words yesterday. Will try to beat that today!

VisitasKeat

• Short Novel unlocked
« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2018, 01:18:50 AM »

David Wisehart

« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2018, 05:04:10 AM »
4,062 yesterday. Trying to top that today.

W.R. Gingell

« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2018, 05:27:50 PM »
Finished my edits and uploaded my final files for the preorder!  :banana-riding-llama-smiley-em

A bit of a holiday for the rest of the week (besides promotion, emails, blog posts, and interviews) and then back to trying for 3k words per day next week!  :smilie_zauber:

Misti

« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2018, 01:29:48 AM »
Due to having some trouble with the forum, I haven’t been able to post for the last 2 days. Things seem to be working well now.
9/24 - About 2k
9/25 - 4K
Going to have to spend some time cleaning yesterday’s work up and I hope to manage at least 2k today too.

Lady T L Jennings

« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2018, 08:54:57 AM »
Week 2: 12,531 words! A new record for me!
Have a lovely weekend and happy writing, everyone! :-)
Lady T. L. Jennings ~ Writing Victorian Romance and ohlala in longhand since 2011. Visit her at: www.mysecretquill.com

Pandorra

« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2018, 10:16:48 AM »
Gratz everyone, you're doing awesome!

Starting on the second half of Edge tomorrow, so should be rejoining the count!

Thaiphoon

« Reply #42 on: October 05, 2018, 12:49:48 AM »
Getting anywhere between 1,300-2,400 words in a day now

VisitasKeat

• Short Novel unlocked
« Reply #43 on: October 05, 2018, 11:48:37 PM »
2755 + online research

Lady T L Jennings

« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2018, 03:14:53 AM »
Week 3: 12,518 words this week. I'm on a roll! :-)

I love this thread, by the way. It's a great inspiration to see everyone else doing so well!
Happy writing and enjoy your weekend everyone!

Simon Haynes

« Reply #45 on: October 06, 2018, 04:10:06 AM »
I've been writing plot outlines and throwing them away again.

Next I decided to just pants the novel.  Not like I haven't done that before.

But then I decided to rewrite an old novel in 1st person and reissue it.

After I got bored with that, I picked up another unfinished novel from 2012 and wrote 2043 words. (There had to be SOME point to this post ...)

VisitasKeat

• Short Novel unlocked
« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2018, 12:48:36 AM »
3022 + online research

Simon Haynes

« Reply #47 on: October 08, 2018, 01:17:13 AM »
3600 today.  I set myself a goal of 3k a day for the month, and I intend to stick with it.

Rose Andrews

• Short Story unlocked
  • Historical Western & 20th Century Romance
« Reply #48 on: October 08, 2018, 01:22:08 AM »
Back up to 2-3k per day again, did a little over 3k yesterday. Feels good to be back in the flow again after having taken the summer off, which I will never do again!  :dog1:
20th Century & Western Historical Romance
Rose Historicals Website | Pinterest | Instagram

Simon Haynes

« Reply #49 on: October 08, 2018, 11:03:04 PM »
My last three days have been ...

Brain, when I said 3k per day, I was being ... you know, approximate.

Plus it seems to be adding 10% for GST.

The following users thanked this post: Shane Jeffery