Author Topic: This is just a good site to learn new things!  (Read 273 times)

Maryaroni

• Tag Line unlocked
This is just a good site to learn new things!
« on: February 12, 2024, 02:54:38 AM »
This is just a fantastic site to learn new things!

Bill Hiatt

• Trilogy unlocked
  • Tickling the imagination one book at a time
    • Bill Hiatt's Author Website
Re: This is just a good site to learn new things!
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2024, 12:03:16 AM »
I've been here for a while, and even so, I find I learn new things almost every day.

Tickling the imagination one book at a time
Bill Hiatt | fiction website | education website | Facebook author page | Twitter

writeway

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2024, 12:03:38 PM »
This forum was created after Kboards was sold. That used to be the most popular self-publishing forum for years but went downhill after the sale because probably 80% of the authors there left. That used to be the place to be a long time ago. This and Absolute Write seem to be the only non-social media writing forums still around. Most forums died out years ago and authors moved to communities on places like Reddit and FB groups where you get tons of activity and information. Those are the sites where I go to regularly. Threads seems to be a popular place for writers too but I'm not on there. I'm not a social media person. I just use it to keep up with the industry, not personally. I don't come here much. It's a nice forum though but not as active as other places.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2024, 12:07:02 PM by writeway »

She-la-te-da

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2024, 09:23:55 PM »
Yes, it's one of the few places left you can actually learn stuff, or just connect with serious writers, outside of private groups. Kboards is basically a promote your business (especially those continued sales on plots), or for people to stumble around, never learning anything. It's sad. That was my go-to for seeing what was going on in the self publishing world, especially for Amazon.
I write various flavors of speculative fiction. This is my main pen name.

The following users thanked this post: LilyBLily