Service Providers > Editors & Proofreaders [Public]

New Freelance Editor!

(1/3) > >>

ECelovsky:
Hello writers!
After years of editing for friends and family for free, I have decided to make them pay! I am starting my freelance editing business specializing in genre fiction. I have a couple projects under my belt (proofreading for Winter's Rage by Susan Calder, and developmental editing on an (as yet) unreleased project), but I'm still looking to get more experience. So I'm offering very affordable rates ($0.003/word for developmental editing, $0.002/word for copy editing, $0.001/word for proofreading) in order to get said experience.
You can find all my details and more at celovskyedits.ca
Thank you all for your time!

Edit: Changed the prices!

idontknowyet:
Are those typos for your newbie rates?

Because most/many experienced editors don't charge that much.  $2.4k for a developmental edit is really only affordable if you are a six figure author.

ECelovsky:
Hi
I don't have a lot of experience with monetizing my work, so thanks for pointing out that my rates are unaffordable to most writers. I believe I picked those numbers after doing some online research, but if you have some concrete examples of editors I could use to pin my rates to, that would be super helpful!

idontknowyet:
You're welcome to look what other editors around here are charging. Remember there is a wide swath of experience from newbies like you to people with decades of experience and references.
You might also check with editor groups on facebook and talk to your peers.

ECelovsky:
Okay, so after further research (and hemming and hawing), I've dropped the prices to be more in line with other editors here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version