Author Topic: Amazon's Kindle Create Formatting  (Read 1885 times)

Mammasan

Amazon's Kindle Create Formatting
« on: December 21, 2018, 10:44:42 AM »
I never got around to actually ever using Amazon's automatic Kindle formatting for Word plug-in, Kindle Create Add-in for Microsoft Word, though when I played with it a bit it looked good.

I've just gotten an email from Amazon extolling Kindle Create formatting, it looks like they've upgraded it some (you can add images).

Anybody ever actually use Kindle Create to format a manuscript?

https://kdp.amazon.com/en_US/help/topic/GHU4YEWXQGNLU94T?ref_=pe_3694870_385460340_kdpgp_o_us_kc_toc_img

The following users thanked this post: HSh

RappaDizzy

Re: Amazon's Kindle Create Formatting
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2018, 11:01:15 AM »
I tried it when it first came out - even had some back and forth on email with some of the developers - but it never worked for me and I got ticked off when I couldn't even uninstall the stupid thing. :help

If it has been improved I would be willing to try it again but remain wary.

Shoe

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2018, 10:09:32 PM »
I'm not sure why you would need a plugin for Word. I write in Google Docs, save as a Word docx file, and upload it into KC for final formatting (in which I can still edit if necessary).

(BTW: I've noticed KC produces a higher KENP than D2D or uploading a straight Word docx.)
Martin Luther King: "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."

The following users thanked this post: The Flying Scot

The Flying Scot

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2018, 07:38:47 AM »
(BTW: I've noticed KC produces a higher KENP than D2D or uploading a straight Word docx.)

That's very interesting.  Thanks for the information.

HSh

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2019, 02:36:52 AM »
Saw it for the first time today.  I don't know if I'll use it, since I'm already used to (and fairly happy with) D2D's options.

https://www.amazon.com/b/?node=18292298011

Post-Crisis D

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2019, 03:08:09 AM »
I see some familiar names in their examples of authors who have used it.
Mulder: "If you're distracted by fear of those around you, it keeps you from seeing the actions of those above."
The X-Files: "Blood"

Morgan Worth

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2019, 02:13:12 AM »
I'm not sure why you would need a plugin for Word. I write in Google Docs, save as a Word docx file, and upload it into KC for final formatting (in which I can still edit if necessary).

Really? Good to know!
I'm a beta reader and proofreader for many genres. I especially love a good cozy mystery!