Author Topic: Amazon Tweaking Things Again?  (Read 1508 times)

HSh

Amazon Tweaking Things Again?
« on: September 28, 2018, 06:23:18 AM »
When I look at my books (and other people's), the categories they are listed in (below the bestseller ranking, listing where they are selling in these subcategories), it now shows only the final categories, not the list that used to go books>fiction>aliens>ET>phoning home, etc.  In this example, it now just shows phoning home.

Is anyone else seeing this?  I'm on Chrome, so it might not be rolling out for everyone / might be a test, etc.

Also, is this part of another store update and other things are changing, or is it one small tweak?

Denise

Re: Amazon Tweaking Things Again?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2018, 06:27:40 AM »
Yes, they are trying this right now.

I like it!

Now instead of showing as being number 75 in Yada yada- sub yada- sub sub yada- unrecognizable sub yada yada yada - sub sub sub yada - microcategory

I show up as 75 in microcategory.

A lot better!

Shoe

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2018, 08:55:38 AM »

I like it!

A lot better!

I like it too on the browsing-side for readers, but it will make research a little harder for authors.
Martin Luther King: "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."

HSh

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2018, 03:32:16 AM »
The longer categories appear to be back for now.  Perhaps a/b testing.

More changes I'm noticing:

In the cart area, Compare with similar items is now a choice.

On item pages, the Share link that allows you to email an item to a friend is sometimes unavailable for me, with the note: Sorry, content is not available.

Anything else?