Author Topic: Anyone need translations into German?  (Read 282 times)

David VanDyke

• Long Novel unlocked
  • Full-time hybrid author and curmudgeon
    • David VanDyke's Author Website
Anyone need translations into German?
« on: June 15, 2023, 05:00:16 AM »
If anyone's looking for another good translator from English to German, I've run out of work for my current translation team. They are a spousal team, native German speakers from Germany, currently living in the US, with university educations.

Their rates are in the middle ranges of what you might expect to pay--I won't quote numbers because that's between you and them.

For the books they did for me, there were zero negative reviews or comments on the translations. They did a great job. They were able to do books in the 75-100K word range in about three months time. They were doing my MSF, but if you had a different genre, YMMV.

Please email me at davidvandykeauthor at gmail dot com and I will provide their contact info if you are interested.

Never listen to people with no skin in the game.

I'm a lucky guy. I find the harder I work, the luckier I am.

Those who prefer their English sloppy have only themselves to thank if the advertisement writer uses his mastery of the vocabulary and syntax to mislead their weak minds.

~ Dorothy L. Sayers

The following users thanked this post: Thorvald Meyers

Thorvald Meyers

• Blurb unlocked
  • I'm hoping the first novel is the hardest...
Re: Anyone need translations into German?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2023, 09:39:37 PM »
Hmm. Your email address bounced... "No Such User" error.

I'd love to talk with them and ask for a couple of short story translations before committing to translating a trilogy (which is very much still in progress).
I copied and pasted the email address as you wrote it, then swapped out the appropriate bits...

Is there a missing letter or something?