Author Topic: Writer celebration thread  (Read 13554 times)

CoraBuhlert

Writer celebration thread
« on: November 07, 2018, 05:16:03 PM »
Whether you just finished a novel or series, won NaNoWriMo, pressed "publish" for the first or fortieth time or passed a sales milestone, here is a thread to celebrate.

:banana: :dance: :banana-riding-llama-smiley-em  :clap: :cheers

And because I started the thread, I'll begin: I finished a new novel in my space opera series today.

Blog | Pegasus Pulp | Newsletter | Author Central | Twitter | Instagram
Genres: All of them, but mostly science fiction and mystery/crime

The following users thanked this post: Denise, Post-Crisis D, idontknowyet, Ghost5, Lysmata Debelius, angela

Jeff Tanyard

Re: Writer celebration thread
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2018, 05:44:41 PM »
I finished a new novel in my space opera series today.

Congratulations.   :cheers
v  v  v  v  v    Short Stories    v  v  v  v  v    vv FREE! vv

Genres: Science Fiction, Fantasy (some day) | Author Website

Post-Crisis D

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2018, 06:53:14 PM »
And because I started the thread, I'll begin: I finished a new novel in my space opera series today.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I hope to one day finish the space opera novel I've been working on for far too long.
Mulder: "If you're distracted by fear of those around you, it keeps you from seeing the actions of those above."
The X-Files: "Blood"

Jeff Tanyard

VanessaC

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2018, 08:37:16 PM »

Congratulations!

I'll join in - I uploaded the final file for book 4 in the series last night, and it goes live on Saturday.  I wanted to just put it live as it had been on pre-order, but KDP wouldn't let me pick that box so I just shortened the pre-order by a couple of days.

Now in that weird nervous state of being relieved the book is uploaded, and terrified that readers are going to hate it (I've had lovely reviews for the previous three books, and really nervous about letting people down for this one.)

I'm giving myself a couple of days off - I need to focus on my day job! - and then it's on to book 5, the last in the series.

Genre: Fantasy

The following users thanked this post: idontknowyet, Ghost5

Keith Ward

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2018, 01:20:56 AM »
Congratulations and thank you Cora. I finished a rough draft on Sunday and I'm a few thousand words into the next one.  :goodpost:

Virginia McClain

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2018, 09:54:54 AM »

Congratulations!

I'll join in - I uploaded the final file for book 4 in the series last night, and it goes live on Saturday.  I wanted to just put it live as it had been on pre-order, but KDP wouldn't let me pick that box so I just shortened the pre-order by a couple of days.

Now in that weird nervous state of being relieved the book is uploaded, and terrified that readers are going to hate it (I've had lovely reviews for the previous three books, and really nervous about letting people down for this one.)

I'm giving myself a couple of days off - I need to focus on my day job! - and then it's on to book 5, the last in the series.

Congratulations to you both! I'm celebrating because Victoria Marmot and the Meddling Goddess just got its first five star review on Goodreads (after two weeks of 4,3 and 1 star reviews).

Virginia McClain | Blog | Cover Designs

The following users thanked this post: Ghost5

Becca Mills

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2018, 01:26:44 PM »
Way to go, Cora, VanessaC, and Virginia! :littleclap 

Er ... that's not an ironic-clap emoji, is it??  :icon_think:
Recently Read ...

CoraBuhlert

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2018, 02:44:09 PM »
Congrats to Virginia and Vanessa.

Robin

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2018, 06:46:33 PM »
Congrats to everyone!  :pdt

The following users thanked this post: CoraBuhlert

hjmoritzo

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2018, 08:34:10 AM »
Well I haven't sold anything yet :( but I just discovered one of my books has two 4 star ratings on Goodreads so I must be doing something right!

The following users thanked this post: CoraBuhlert, idontknowyet

Lysmata Debelius

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2018, 05:14:25 PM »
I published the final book in my "Linked Worlds" series - "The Strange".
This was the most difficult book I've ever written, simply because I could not accept that it needed to be twice as long as the previous books in the series.  It took me two years, and there were times when I couldn't imagine every reaching the end. But now I have!  :banana: :banana: :banana:

I published it a few days earlier than planned because so many people were reporting problems and delays on Amazon, and it went through without a hitch, live within the hour.

I feel SO RELIEVED.

And now I can finally get started on my new idea for a book. Something completely different. Sequels are hard to write!

The following users thanked this post: idontknowyet, Ghost5, VanessaC

Jeff Tanyard

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2018, 06:09:42 PM »
Congratulations, Masha.   :cheers

The following users thanked this post: Lysmata Debelius

Post-Crisis D

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2018, 05:03:18 AM »
I've apparently been overlooking this thread so here's a round of applause for all . . .

:littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap:littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap:littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap:littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap:littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Mulder: "If you're distracted by fear of those around you, it keeps you from seeing the actions of those above."

Lysmata Debelius

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2018, 05:42:10 AM »
I've apparently been overlooking this thread so here's a round of applause for all . . .

:littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap:littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap:littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap:littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap:littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap :littleclap:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

How on earth... :: squints at the quoted text:: Oh OK now I see how you do that! Awesome!

:catrun :catrun :catrun :banana: :catrun :catrun :catrun

Jeff Tanyard

« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2018, 03:40:57 PM »
And I looked, and behold a pale llama: and his name that sat on him was Banana, and WriterSanctum followed with him.

:banana-riding-llama-smiley-em :ws

The following users thanked this post: PJ Post, Ghost5

CoraBuhlert

« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2018, 03:53:48 PM »
Glad that publishing your latest worked out, Masha.

:banana: :dance: :banana:

Post-Crisis D

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2018, 03:56:52 PM »
And not long after, I beheld a bolt of lightning smite the man who had mistaken a bunchie for a llama, and nothing remained of him, save for a yellow cape that floated slowly unto the ashen soil where he had once stood.

:banana-riding-llama-smiley-em :angel:

Jeff Tanyard

« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2018, 04:45:31 PM »
And not long after, I beheld a bolt of lightning smite the man who had mistaken a bunchie for a llama, and nothing remained of him, save for a yellow cape that floated slowly unto the ashen soil where he had once stood.

:lalala

On a side note, I think we need a "marquee" option that goes from left-to-right, too.  That way the poor cat's not stuck always running backwards.

The following users thanked this post: idontknowyet

EllieL

« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2018, 08:51:59 AM »
I finished my WIP last night. Starting on my second pass of Soiled Dove now.  :dance:
Historical and contemporary romance

Signature Tool Alpha Test

Lorri Moulton

« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2018, 10:04:13 AM »
My Victorian novelette is above Dean Koontz in PAID short romance!  :banana-riding-llama-smiley-em

Author of Romance, Fantasy, Fairytales, Mystery & Suspense, and Historical Non-Fiction @ Lavender Cottage Books

The following users thanked this post: idontknowyet, Ghost5, kdiem

EllieL

« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2018, 10:21:26 AM »
My Victorian novelette is above Dean Koontz in PAID short romance!  :banana-riding-llama-smiley-em

Awesome!!
Historical and contemporary romance

Signature Tool Alpha Test

The following users thanked this post: Lorri Moulton

Jeff Tanyard

« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2018, 02:34:42 PM »
Way to go, Ellie and Lorri.   :cheers

Lysmata Debelius

« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2018, 03:55:41 PM »
Congratulations Ellie and Lorri! That must feel good.

CoraBuhlert

« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2018, 11:21:43 AM »
Congrats on finishing your WIP, EllieL.  :clap:  :Tup2:

And it's always thrilling when your book ranks above a big name author, Lorri.  :banana:

Meanwhile, I started working on a novel that's been giving me massive problems again.

spin52

« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2018, 06:30:57 AM »
I know this is small change to some of you, but I sold 50 books on Apple this month for the first time!  :banana:
(Actually that should be 'last month' -- November.)

Traditional mysteries with a dash of humor -- no cats, no cupcakes, no covens.

Authoress

« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2018, 11:57:50 PM »
My paperback, Sentiments, a perpetual calendar is live, I have copies to give as Christmas presents & I'm a happy bunny.

This book took longer to write than any of my other books & was more difficult towards the end than I imagined it would be.

There's a quatrain for every day of the year & I had no idea how difficult it would be to come up with the last hundred or so but I did it, 365 quatrains, yay me  grint

Well done everyone else here with a celebration to note.  :band:

CoraBuhlert

« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2018, 08:57:28 AM »
Sentiments sounds like a cool project, Authoress.

Meanwhile, I finished a holiday novelette in my Hallowind Cove cozy fantasy series last night.  :banana:

The following users thanked this post: Authoress

Lysmata Debelius

« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2018, 02:23:44 PM »
365 quatrains! That does sound like a big project. Well done! :)

The following users thanked this post: Authoress

Authoress

« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2018, 11:28:57 PM »
Sentiments sounds like a cool project, Authoress.

Meanwhile, I finished a holiday novelette in my Hallowind Cove cozy fantasy series last night.  :banana:

Thank you, I'm very pleased with it, it will be useful to me but also solved some Christmas present needs for family & friends :)

Well done on your latest book, always a good feeling to finish a project.   :clap:

diisha392

« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2018, 09:44:18 AM »
Finished the first draft of my romance trilogy this afternoon :)

Now I get to re-read and clean it up!

Jeff Tanyard

« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2018, 12:10:36 PM »
Finished the first draft of my romance trilogy this afternoon :)

Now I get to re-read and clean it up!

Good luck!   Grin

The following users thanked this post: diisha392

ragdoll

« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2018, 12:58:05 PM »
On Wednesday, I finished what is probably the last book under my other pen name. It was also the last in its series, so I also did a bundle. Still finishing up related web updates and product page updates for the others in the series to show the series is not complete.

Tomorrow, I get to start on my first Robin book. It will be novel length. I'm more or less a pantser. I do have some forward notes, but not enough to make me, eg, a plontser. :D

Joseph Malik

« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2018, 01:29:27 AM »
A Goodreads list of Hugo-eligible novels currently has The New Magic in the top 20.

I t's not remotely official, and it doesn't mean squat; I read an analogy once that I think effectively describes my odds, here, and it was something along the lines of "playing Russian Roulette with a fully-loaded revolver and surviving because it happens to jam on a winning lottery ticket that falls out of the sky."

It's still very nice, though. Some of my readers seem to think I write, like, all good and stuff.

ragdoll

« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2018, 02:36:57 AM »
That's wonderful, Joseeph!

The following users thanked this post: Joseph Malik

Mammasan

« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2018, 10:13:00 AM »
And I looked, and behold a pale llama: and his name that sat on him was Banana, and WriterSanctum followed with him.

Everyone else always sees a llama, but I always see a giant green slug. I guess I should be worried.  :nerd:

The following users thanked this post: Jeff Tanyard

PJ Post

« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2018, 10:26:16 AM »

This was just too f*cking funny.  :tup3b

The following users thanked this post: Jeff Tanyard

Virginia McClain

« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2018, 06:19:29 PM »
A Goodreads list of Hugo-eligible novels currently has The New Magic in the top 20.

I t's not remotely official, and it doesn't mean squat; I read an analogy once that I think effectively describes my odds, here, and it was something along the lines of "playing Russian Roulette with a fully-loaded revolver and surviving because it happens to jam on a winning lottery ticket that falls out of the sky."

It's still very nice, though. Some of my readers seem to think I write, like, all good and stuff.

Congrats on writing good and stuff! (No seriously, though, thats really awesome. Who cares about your chances of winning, it's freaking sweet just to be on that list. And in very fine company no less.)

Also, this---->  :banana-riding-llama-smiley-em is clearly a banana slug. What is wrong with people? ;-)

RappaDizzy

« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2018, 11:42:15 PM »
Just celebrating a bit - this is day 1,460 - 4 years - of writing something every day. :dance:

And I will be just over 1,000,000 words for 2018 alone. It's been a slow ramp up since 2012 due to health problems but I'm getting there.

For those who ask I write under 2 pen names beside my own.

The following users thanked this post: ragdoll

VisitasKeat

• Short Novel unlocked
  • Following my characters. Wherever they take me.
« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2018, 12:16:10 AM »
Just celebrating a bit - this is day 1,460 - 4 years - of writing something every day. :dance:

And I will be just over 1,000,000 words for 2018 alone. It's been a slow ramp up since 2012 due to health problems but I'm getting there.

For those who ask I write under 2 pen names beside my own.

Wow, that's awesome and very inspiring!

Keep up the good work!

:clap: :tup3b :Tup2:

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
  • Earth Galaxy core, 2618
    • The Hunter Imperium Universe
« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2018, 12:31:37 AM »
Just launched my 24th novel, Hunter's Terminus, 2nd book in my 4th series.

It's my longest book yet at just under 106k words.

And it's the long awaited sequel to my first series ending.

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
 :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
 :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
Genres: Space Opera/Fantasy/Cyberpunk, with elements of LitRPG and GameLit, with a touch of the Supernatural. Also Spiritual and Games.

Timothy Ellis Kindle Author page. | Join the Hunter Legacy mailing list | The Hunter Imperium Universe on Facebook. | Forum Promo Page.

RappaDizzy

« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2018, 12:52:35 AM »

Congratlations, Timothy

VanessaC

« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2018, 01:14:52 AM »
I love this thread!  Congratulations to everyone on their good news.

:cheers  :banana:   :dance:   :banana:   :cheers

Genre: Fantasy

CoraBuhlert

« Reply #43 on: December 18, 2018, 02:48:23 PM »

Congrats, Timothy. let me know if you want a new release spotlight at the Speculative Fiction Showcase for Hunter's Terminus.

lyndabelle

« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2019, 09:49:30 AM »
Just released the last of my Highlander Bride series wide. Feels good to finally have another series out from under the Zon thumb and out in the wild. Already getting some sales. ;-) Best thing ever, gettin go out of KU.

Virginia McClain

« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2019, 11:53:51 AM »
Just released the last of my Highlander Bride series wide. Feels good to finally have another series out from under the Zon thumb and out in the wild. Already getting some sales. ;-) Best thing ever, gettin go out of KU.

Congrats, LyndaBelle! That's great! Going wide was a good feeling for me too.

Lorri Moulton

« Reply #46 on: January 08, 2019, 12:00:20 PM »
Finished my Christmas story (barely in time) and just released the first part of my spy story. 

I got a lot done during the holidays! :catrun

Author of Romance, Fantasy, Fairytales, Mystery & Suspense, and Historical Non-Fiction @ Lavender Cottage Books

Virginia McClain

« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2019, 12:09:31 PM »
Finished my Christmas story (barely in time) and just released the first part of my spy story. 

Nice work, Lorri! Wish I could say the same. :-)  :tap

Lorri Moulton

« Reply #48 on: January 08, 2019, 12:33:17 PM »
Nice work, Lorri! Wish I could say the same. :-)  :tap

Thank you, Virginia!

CoraBuhlert

« Reply #49 on: January 08, 2019, 01:54:54 PM »

Congrats, Lori. If you want your spy story featured at the Indie Crime Scene, let me know.