Author Topic: An interesting proofreading tool  (Read 685 times)

Marti Talbott

An interesting proofreading tool
« on: December 25, 2021, 02:30:45 AM »
I discovered this quite by accident. Using Word.docx to write my work in process, I pasted a first chapter in a Gmail.com email and discovered errors my word.doc spelling and grammar didn't catch. Turns out, Gmail is an excellent tool for proofreading. Who knew? Don't answer that. I'm usually the last to know. Oh, and it's free! I love free!
Read The Swindler, a historical romance available at:
Amazon, Apple, Google Play, Kobo & Nook
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08QG5K23

The following users thanked this post: R. C., idontknowyet, angela

Maggie Ann

Re: An interesting proofreading tool
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2021, 07:42:12 AM »
Great discovery!

The following users thanked this post: Marti Talbott, idontknowyet

RiverRun

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2021, 02:50:33 PM »
Do you have grammarly (the free option) on your computer? I think I do and it automatically checks anything I'm typing online. (Or would. I think I turned it off now. I'm not sure how to turn it back on.) When working on my last project I used Google docs to proofread sometimes for that reason. Or maybe its just Google docs. I'm not completely sure. Handy though.

Marti Talbott

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2021, 03:19:16 PM »
Do you have grammarly (the free option) on your computer? I think I do and it automatically checks anything I'm typing online. (Or would. I think I turned it off now. I'm not sure how to turn it back on.) When working on my last project I used Google docs to proofread sometimes for that reason. Or maybe its just Google docs. I'm not completely sure. Handy though.

I'm not into downloading anything if I can help it. I have an editor who is a jewel to work with and she does my final work. The Gmail works great with individual chapters, especially since I'm posting chapters on my website and don't want to bother her with it. I've gotten some great comments so far and only one found an error. It's good for my ego too, and encourages me to keep working knowing their waiting for the next one. www.martitalbott.com/home

Read The Swindler, a historical romance available at:
Amazon, Apple, Google Play, Kobo & Nook
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08QG5K23