Author Topic: That moment...  (Read 1419 times)

Gerri Attrick

That moment...
« on: February 02, 2020, 04:30:52 AM »
...when you're writing a sad scene in your story and your other half just doesn't understand what it does to you. ;(

Lynn

Re: That moment...
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2020, 04:52:17 AM »
Oh yes. I've had my mother call or my kids walk in and I'm squalling like a baby and they're usually very confused for several long moments while they way for me to stop sobbing long enough to explain. :D

No one outside of other writers and devoted readers seem to get just how real these people feel to me. So when I do something horrible to one of them, I suffer a little too. ;-)
Don't rush me.

The following users thanked this post: Gerri Attrick

DrewMcGunn

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2020, 06:08:37 AM »
I was on the other end of that equation. I wrote the death scene of one of my main characters and shared it with my wife. She was in tears when I finished reading it to her. I'm not sure she's ever forgiven me for it.  :n2Str17:

Drew McGunn

The following users thanked this post: Gerri Attrick

MaxDaemon

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2020, 11:20:28 AM »
Yea .. how the heck can you explain "My main character's having an affair and I'm just not able to deal with it".

Or worse yet, I wrote the end of my main character's story, her death 20 years away, and ever since then I've never really completely shaken the feeling that she's dead. I feel slightly bereft ...

V.R. Tapscott | Electrik Ink