Author Topic: Plot outlines for sale  (Read 1734 times)

Max C.

• Tag Line unlocked
Plot outlines for sale
« on: November 24, 2021, 07:07:40 PM »
Hi everyone.

I have two plots that I'm putting up for sale. Keep in mind that there are at least 3 copies out there of each so you may want to edit the outlines a little if you want them to really be unique. I wanted to sell no more than 5 copies of each outline, so I'm looking to sell 2 more.

Both outlines are in series:

Post-Apocalyptic outline (28k words - 4 books) @ $100
Romantic Suspense outline (5k words - 2 books) @ $50

They include character descriptions and chapter breakdowns. If interested, feel free to message me.

Max C.

• Tag Line unlocked
Re: Plot outlines for sale
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2021, 02:26:28 AM »
Since the holidays are coming up, I'll directly discount the plot outlines, but will no longer negotiate on the prices. Here are the revised prices:

Post-Apocalyptic outline (28k words - 4 books, average 27 chapters each) @ $65
Romantic Suspense outline (5k words - 2 books, 30 chapters each) @ $35

Offer available until the end of December, however, I'm only selling two copies of the post-apoc plot and three of the romantic suspense plot. Additional edits will total up to $100 and $55 respectively.

If interested, please pm me. I can offer a sample of the outline and give more details on the plots.

Matthew

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2021, 04:27:55 PM »
To be honest I find it weird you're selling more than one copy of the outlines.

Anyone here have a ghost writing publishing business? This would probably save some time in handing something off to a ghost writer.

For myself anyway, I have enough of my own ideas to last me more than one lifetime.

The following users thanked this post: idontknowyet, oganalp

Max C.

• Tag Line unlocked
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2021, 10:37:00 PM »
To be honest I find it weird you're selling more than one copy of the outlines.

Anyone here have a ghost writing publishing business? This would probably save some time in handing something off to a ghost writer.

For myself anyway, I have enough of my own ideas to last me more than one lifetime.

There are a lot of authors who have a hard time coming up with plots/outlines, so these aren't just for a publishing business. There are also a lot of plots available and sold online for commercial use that get used by dozens of authors/publishers. I have personally purchased and used these plot outlines myself, even though I also have more than enough ideas, how to develop those ideas into plots and full novels is where I get stuck. So I'd purchase an outline along what I want, and edit it with my own ideas to fit the story I want to tell.  That's what I'm offering here.

I'm selling more than one copy because initially, these plots came out of a ghostwriting gig, but the buyer disappeared after I completed the books without paying me. I can't use the manuscripts, so I'm selling a few copies of the outlines to recoup some of the revenue I lost.

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
  • Earth Galaxy core, 2618
    • The Hunter Imperium Universe
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2021, 12:39:15 AM »
because initially, these plots came out of a ghostwriting gig, but the buyer disappeared after I completed the books without paying me. I can't use the manuscripts,

Why not?

I'm assuming that means you handed the books over before getting paid?

In any case, if you wrote them, and can prove that, and also prove the non-payment, you can release them yourself. You might need to prove ownership to Amazon and other platform's satisfaction, but if you wrote them, you should be able to do that.

If you didn't hand them over at all, then you can definitely release them yourself.

The other thing is, if you did hand them over, as the author you can file a take down notice against the books if they have already been published. They were effectively stolen from you, and as such, if they have been published, that's piracy, and a take down notice should get the books pulled.
Genres: Space Opera/Fantasy/Cyberpunk, with elements of LitRPG and GameLit, with a touch of the Supernatural. Also Spiritual and Games.

Timothy Ellis Kindle Author page. | Join the Hunter Legacy mailing list | The Hunter Imperium Universe on Facebook. | Forum Promo Page.

The following users thanked this post: idontknowyet

Max C.

• Tag Line unlocked
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2021, 03:04:40 AM »

The other thing is, if you did hand them over, as the author you can file a take down notice against the books if they have already been published. They were effectively stolen from you, and as such, if they have been published, that's piracy, and a take down notice should get the books pulled.

I'd love to be able to do that, one issue I had was finding the books, plus they've been published for years. I did find one (the post apoc series) and I tried contacting the author/publisher through the contact on their author bio, which led to a Facebook account. I got no reply, but the guy's name is different from the one who contracted me, so I got worried i could have been working for a middle man, and the author/publisher paid them already, they just didn't pay me.

I haven't found the second series yet.

The same guy actually brought up a dispute on the freelance site where I got contracted for the books, trying to take back payment for another book I did for him. I didn't know and only figured out later when my account was shut down. I did manage to contact their support for temporary access to the account, and I have screenshots and html files of all our chats, including the contracts for the books and all the original files, but I can't do anything with them. I guess I felt a bit of guilt because I didn't want to bother people who weren't involved in the dispute. I don't think it's even the first time this guy tricked his clients.

At first I figured I could fix the books up, do some edits and publish since it's been a while, but I don't want to risk my kdp account. Even with all the proof, there are plenty of horror stories of authors having bad experience with Amazon support, and I don't want to be blocked. So I'm selling a few copies of the plots instead.

LilyBLily

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2021, 05:00:55 AM »
Given what you've gone through, ditching the mss. and just selling the plot outlines makes sense. What a waste of your talent and time.

Max C.

• Tag Line unlocked
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2021, 05:37:09 AM »
Given what you've gone through, ditching the mss. and just selling the plot outlines makes sense. What a waste of your talent and time.

It had me down for a while, but I've been lucky to meet some amazing people as a ghostwriter, too grint it's a great feeling when your biggest hypeman is your client.

On the other hand, it made me realize if I didn't want to have my source of income pulled out from under me unexpectedly, I needed to branch out, so I'm hoping it's the push that will get me back into writing and publishing again (yes, I do know it's a grind), and I can supplement that with my ghostwriting. I seem to find it easier to write for other people than for myself, sadly :shrug