Author Topic: Seeking advice - freelance copywriting  (Read 492 times)

Hopscotch

Seeking advice - freelance copywriting
« on: December 07, 2022, 03:29:31 AM »
As there’s a wealth of experience here in all forms of writing, thought I’d ask your advice to pass on:  An experienced advertising copywriter wants to go freelance - perhaps in advertising or technical writing or for nonprofits or gov’t.  Aside from any specific advice you may care to offer, is there a reliable job or task website sponsored by a freelancers’ association or union to check out?
. .

The Bass Bagwhan

Re: Seeking advice - freelance copywriting
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2023, 11:36:16 PM »
I'm kind of in the same boat, but I have some work from a long-standing magazine publisher which has turned to website content, etc. Aside from that, I've tried sites like Upwork and the problem is the ridiculously low rates being offered, exacerbated by applications anyway from people based in India, the Philippines and so on where those rates actually constitute a reasonable wage. Any good jobs are swamped with applicants. Sites like Fivr don't help.

It's a tough gig. LinkedIn has occasional, genuine jobs advertised. Your only choice is to keep flogging away at these sites, but be prepared to dismiss a vast majority of the gigs being promoted. Good luck!