Author Topic: Ingram Digital Proof shows the cover twice  (Read 1301 times)

notthatamanda

Ingram Digital Proof shows the cover twice
« on: November 13, 2019, 12:30:43 AM »
This is my first paperback with Ingram.  The digital proof shows the paperback cover all flattened out, then next to it is just the front cover.  I wasn't expecting that.  I think it's wrong but I am struggling with Ingram.  I did pay for the cover to be put into Ingram ready format, I don't know if something is wrong with that file or if it is something I did on the Ingram end, but probably the later.

If anyone has any insight into this, I would appreciate the help. Thanks.

Eric Thomson

Re: Ingram Digital Proof shows the cover twice
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2019, 12:36:20 AM »
That's how the digital proof comes out.  Done 33 books on IS so far and every one was like that in eproof and all came out perfect in print

The following users thanked this post: notthatamanda

notthatamanda

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2019, 12:55:32 AM »
Thanks, is that just for paperbacks? I didn't see the extra front view of the cover on the hardcovers I did, but maybe I'm remembering it wrong.

ETA - I figured out I could go and look my old virtual proofs and they are the same.  Sorry, I am just a worry wort by nature.  Thank you for your help.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 01:23:11 AM by notthatamanda »

RPatton

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2020, 10:50:22 AM »
Hey Notthatamada!

Did you see that Ingram now offers a dust jacket with a laminate cover? I haven't tested it out yet, but I am so excited to give it a go!

notthatamanda

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2020, 11:15:58 AM »
I did, I wonder if it costs more.  I'll be getting a new hardcover together in the next couple of weeks. I'll let you know what I think.
PS. Feel free to call me Amanda