Author Topic: An interesting talk by Ray Bradbury from 2001  (Read 1295 times)

RappaDizzy

An interesting talk by Ray Bradbury from 2001
« on: January 19, 2019, 01:56:20 AM »
Ray Bradbury worked in a variety of genres, including fantasy, science fiction, horror, and mystery fiction.  When he died in 2012, The New York Times called Bradbury "the writer most responsible for bringing modern science fiction into the literary mainstream." This is an interesting talk on how he worked & created his stories.

The following users thanked this post: Denise, sliderule, Ghost5, Laughing Elephant, jonjaka

David VanDyke

• Long Novel unlocked
  • Full-time hybrid author and curmudgeon
    • David VanDyke's Author Website
Re: An interesting talk by Ray Bradbury from 2001
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2019, 03:51:43 AM »
Bradbury is amazing, if you like rich literary language combined with mystery/horror/sci-fi. His short stories usually had interesting twists, and he could create worlds with just a few pages.
Never listen to people with no skin in the game.

I'm a lucky guy. I find the harder I work, the luckier I am.

Those who prefer their English sloppy have only themselves to thank if the advertisement writer uses his mastery of the vocabulary and syntax to mislead their weak minds.

~ Dorothy L. Sayers

BillSmithBooksDotCom

• Blurb unlocked
  • Bill Smith, author of the Outlaw Galaxy series.
    • BillSmithBooks.com
Re: An interesting talk by Ray Bradbury from 2001
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2019, 02:09:10 PM »
Ray Bradbury became my favorite writer as I got older. At his best, he evokes joy, wonder, magic, terror ... sometimes all at the same time.

Live forever!
Bill Smith is the author of the Outlaw Galaxy series of space adventure novels and several Star Wars books. Found at all major retailers as well as at www.BillSmithBooks.com or www.OutlawGalaxy.com. Bill blogs at www.BillSmithBlog.com. Get the Outlaw Galaxy: Little Wind and Other Tales short story collection FREE at all major retailers.