Author Topic: Happy Singles Awareness day.  (Read 3077 times)

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
  • Earth Galaxy core, 2618
    • The Hunter Imperium Universe
Happy Singles Awareness day.
« on: February 14, 2020, 01:07:52 AM »
Happy Singles Awareness day.

Not my fav day of the year, but the longer I remain a hermit, the easier it seems to get.

We all want this  :pdt ,  this :heart: , and this  :kiss: , but I'll settle for this  :catrun . Or you can hug  :dog1: or  :banana-riding-llama-smiley-em if you have them instead.
Genres: Space Opera/Fantasy/Cyberpunk, with elements of LitRPG and GameLit, with a touch of the Supernatural. Also Spiritual and Games.

Timothy Ellis Kindle Author page. | Join the Hunter Legacy mailing list | The Hunter Imperium Universe on Facebook. | Forum Promo Page.

The following users thanked this post: angela

twicebitten

Re: Happy Singles Awareness day.
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2020, 01:30:09 AM »
I'm thrilled to be single. I had to work for it! But, introvert that I am, I'd rather no one was especially aware of me on any day.  :cool:

Shoe

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2020, 02:00:47 AM »
I've logged 24 good years of marriage and 44 good years of singledom, the latter now my continuing and preferred situation. Loads of people my age are choosing to remain single for the duration. Why couple-up now, other than for getting rides to medical appointments? Uber is a much cheaper alternative.
Martin Luther King: "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."

The following users thanked this post: PJ Post

Gerri Attrick

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2020, 07:26:35 PM »
Lord knows I waited long enough for him. While all my female relatives and friends were getting married (and in some cases divorced) I waited for Mr Right.

I was never stupid enough to believe that it would be all sunshine and roses - there are times when he's a right pita, and drives me to distraction - but after 36 years of marriage we are still a love match. He is funny, clever, and kind to me. He is my friend, my love, my rock.

And he always proofreads my books. What more could a girl ask for?  :hehe

The following users thanked this post: VanessaC

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2020, 07:48:00 PM »
And he always proofreads my books. What more could a girl ask for?

Him not find any goofs?  grint
Genres: Space Opera/Fantasy/Cyberpunk, with elements of LitRPG and GameLit, with a touch of the Supernatural. Also Spiritual and Games.

Timothy Ellis Kindle Author page. | Join the Hunter Legacy mailing list | The Hunter Imperium Universe on Facebook. | Forum Promo Page.

VanessaC

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2020, 08:39:40 PM »
Lord knows I waited long enough for him. While all my female relatives and friends were getting married (and in some cases divorced) I waited for Mr Right.

I was never stupid enough to believe that it would be all sunshine and roses - there are times when he's a right pita, and drives me to distraction - but after 36 years of marriage we are still a love match. He is funny, clever, and kind to me. He is my friend, my love, my rock.

And he always proofreads my books. What more could a girl ask for?  :hehe

That's lovely. And, yes to free proofreading!!

I don't have room in my life for a human other - I have two cats who both believe they are the centre of the universe, and the highest purpose of my life is simply to serve them, and a giant dog who needs a lot of attention. A house covered in pet hair, and "clean" clothes never stay clean for long. Bliss.  :heart:

Genre: Fantasy

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2020, 01:08:14 AM »
I have two cats who both believe they are the centre of the universe, and the highest purpose of my life is simply to serve them

Being a cat's slave is a full time job.

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2020, 01:15:05 AM »
I have two cats who both believe they are the centre of the universe, and the highest purpose of my life is simply to serve them

I believe you meant "prisoners with jobs".

Call a spade a spade.

Gerri Attrick

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2020, 01:17:47 AM »
And he always proofreads my books. What more could a girl ask for?

Him not find any goofs?  grint

:clap:

VanessaC

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2020, 01:37:46 AM »
I have two cats who both believe they are the centre of the universe, and the highest purpose of my life is simply to serve them...

You realize that statement is redundant.  :catrun

I believe you meant "prisoners with jobs".

Call a spade a spade.

Yes, indeed. It's amazing how much noise comes out of such a small creature when their wishes are not being fulfilled!

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2020, 01:53:32 AM »
Yes, indeed. It's amazing how much noise comes out of such a small creature when their wishes are not being fulfilled!

Not to mention claws.

Lynn

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2020, 02:05:48 AM »
Whew. You guys make me glad my demon cat stray is strictly outdoors. He already claws up my window screens trying to climb them and stare at me as I work. I can't imagine what he'd do to the inside of my house. He found me when he was far too young. I'm pretty sure he thinks I'm momma. :D
Don't rush me.

Lynn

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2020, 02:10:39 AM »
Not if the times he's slipped in around me are any indication! ;) He's a sweetie in some respects but he's the most destructive cat I've ever known. I've had indoor cats before, but I'm really more of a dog person. Outdoor dog person. :D. (My last one died a few years ago and I wasn't ready for another. The cat found me, instead.)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2020, 02:13:35 AM by Lynn »
Don't rush me.

Lynn

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2020, 02:15:31 AM »
He brings me presents a little too frequently for my tastes, that's for sure!
Don't rush me.

VanessaC

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2020, 02:46:54 AM »

Not to mention claws.

Oh, yes, the claws as well. Boy cat is going through a phase just now of sleeping on my pillow and "affectionately" patting my face with his paws. And claws. Purring madly the whole time, and looking really affronted at my yelps of pain. Cats, eh?!