Author Topic: I don't want to paraphrase Arnie...  (Read 3653 times)

M R M

I don't want to paraphrase Arnie...
« on: February 02, 2020, 08:35:29 PM »
But I'm back.

What a bastard that 2019 was huh? I had made a solemn vow to get a book released, and thus get back into things. That failed to eventuate. Lots of other things did though, unfortunately. You don't need to hear about all the gory details here, but it wasn't a fun year. At all. Somehow it was as though 2018, smirking and smug and vindictive, stood back at the end of it's turn with a sly grin, laughing with malicious fervor at what it had wrought. And 2019 looked over and said "hold my beer."

But that's the past. And I just last week started writing on a new project, one I think will work out well. I needed something fresh, rather than trying to restart things on a half finished project. You know how that can be right? A nice fresh project with no baggage attached.

And part of getting my writer brain fired up again will be returning to this wonderful place. So prepare to see me annoying you in threads all over the forum!

Cheers.
(____________ F A N T A S Y ____________) (____________S C I E N C E   F I C T I O N ____________)

Australian Science Fiction and Fantasy Author M R Mortimer
| Author Web Site | Facebook Page | Twitter Page | Fantasy Series

The following users thanked this post: idontknowyet

Jeff Tanyard

Re: I don't want to paraphrase Arnie...
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2020, 08:56:23 PM »
Welcome back.   :cheers

So prepare to see me annoying you in threads all over the forum!

:icon_mrgreen:
v  v  v  v  v    Short Stories    v  v  v  v  v    vv FREE! vv

Genres: Science Fiction, Fantasy (some day) | Author Website

Gerri Attrick

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2020, 09:13:06 PM »
Nice to see you again. Hope 2020 is much better.

M R M

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2020, 09:02:35 PM »

Not terrible for me yet, but did you jynx the planet?  Lol
(____________ F A N T A S Y ____________) (____________S C I E N C E   F I C T I O N ____________)

Gerri Attrick

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2020, 09:32:51 PM »

Not terrible for me yet, but did you jynx the planet?  Lol

Knowing my luck, I wouldn't be at all surprised.  :icon_cry:

To start with, I actually thought the current pandemic was some sort of bird flu and wondered why it had been named after crows.  :shrug

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
  • Earth Galaxy core, 2618
    • The Hunter Imperium Universe
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2020, 11:46:46 PM »
To start with, I actually thought the current pandemic was some sort of bird flu and wondered why it had been named after crows.  :shrug

Crows? I thought it was named after beer!
Genres: Space Opera/Fantasy/Cyberpunk, with elements of LitRPG and GameLit, with a touch of the Supernatural. Also Spiritual and Games.

Timothy Ellis Kindle Author page. | Join the Hunter Legacy mailing list | The Hunter Imperium Universe on Facebook. | Forum Promo Page.

Gerri Attrick

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2020, 01:35:29 AM »

Crows? I thought it was named after beer!

In the UK, Corona was (not sure it's still extant) a soft drinks company. I originally thought the virus was called Corvid-19 - and crows are of the family Corvidae, along with rooks, jays etc.

lea_owens

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2020, 10:27:22 AM »
Someone listening to an Aussie talking about Coronavirus could be forgiven for thinking it was named after crows - we tend to run words together and flatten or delete vowels, so it does sound like we're saying, CROWna-virus.

idontknowyet

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2020, 03:16:26 AM »
Welcome back!

M R M

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2020, 02:33:53 PM »
But I'm back.

What a bastard that 2019 was huh? I had made a solemn vow to get a book released, and thus get back into things. That failed to eventuate. Lots of other things did though, unfortunately. You don't need to hear about all the gory details here, but it wasn't a fun year. At all. Somehow it was as though 2018, smirking and smug and vindictive, stood back at the end of it's turn with a sly grin, laughing with malicious fervor at what it had wrought. And 2019 looked over and said "hold my beer."

But that's the past. And I just last week started writing on a new project, one I think will work out well. I needed something fresh, rather than trying to restart things on a half finished project. You know how that can be right? A nice fresh project with no baggage attached.

And part of getting my writer brain fired up again will be returning to this wonderful place. So prepare to see me annoying you in threads all over the forum!

Cheers.

People, I am soo sooo sooo sorry... I had such hope for 2020, I guess I jinxed it...

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
  • Earth Galaxy core, 2618
    • The Hunter Imperium Universe
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2020, 02:36:48 PM »
People, I am soo sooo sooo sorry... I had such hope for 2020, I guess I jinxed it...

It wasn't you.

2020 was jinxed before it even started.
Genres: Space Opera/Fantasy/Cyberpunk, with elements of LitRPG and GameLit, with a touch of the Supernatural. Also Spiritual and Games.

Timothy Ellis Kindle Author page. | Join the Hunter Legacy mailing list | The Hunter Imperium Universe on Facebook. | Forum Promo Page.

Jeff Tanyard

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2020, 03:39:38 PM »

notthatamanda

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2020, 11:34:37 PM »
No it's my fault. My mother said so.

LilyBLily

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2020, 01:20:48 AM »
I write about mothers like that.

M R M

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2021, 09:06:04 PM »
I hope you are all having a better run of it in 2021.

I think I am. Stressed, exhausted, working hard as ever in the day job, not getting any writing done, my editor has had a horrible time and so has not been able to get my latest novel looked at properly, (she has had it since about november) and two weeks ago tomorrow, my son was born making EVERYTHING worthwhile and changing the world.

Not sure my wife had as fun a time of it... Her contractions kicked into gear when her waters broke on the tuesady at 7pm, and bub was born by emergency C section on the thursday at 11:19PM - 52 hours later! Needless to say it was not a "fun" delivery, but the baby is a wonderful package to have recieved.

Subsequently, my writing time is going to take an even bigger hit. Oh well.

VanessaC

« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2021, 09:10:41 PM »

I think I am. Stressed, exhausted, working hard as ever in the day job, not getting any writing done, my editor has had a horrible time and so has not been able to get my latest novel looked at properly, (she has had it since about november) and two weeks ago tomorrow, my son was born making EVERYTHING worthwhile and changing the world.

Not sure my wife had as fun a time of it... Her contractions kicked into gear when her waters broke on the tuesady at 7pm, and bub was born by emergency C section on the thursday at 11:19PM - 52 hours later! Needless to say it was not a "fun" delivery, but the baby is a wonderful package to have recieved.

Congratulations on the new arrival - writing while sleep deprived is no fun at all, but there are more important things in the world.

Genre: Fantasy

notthatamanda

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2021, 09:43:11 PM »
Congratulations on the baby!

LilyBLily

« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2021, 11:05:06 PM »
Congratulations! What a wonderful addition to your life together! The writing can wait. :heart: :smilie_zauber:
 :clap: :tup3b :banana-riding-llama-smiley-em

Gerri Attrick

« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2021, 11:22:55 PM »
Many congrats, M R M.  :banana: Enjoy these first few precious weeks with your newborn. As Lily says, writing can wait.

Vijaya

« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2021, 03:33:54 AM »
Congratulations and blessings upon the new baby!!! The writing will always be there but babies are only babies for a short while. Enjoy every moment.

Author of over 100 books and magazine pieces, primarily for children
Vijaya Bodach | Personal Blog | Bodach Books

Jeff Tanyard

« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2021, 09:16:42 AM »
Congratulations, Martin.  :)

Pemry Janes

« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2021, 03:45:25 PM »

Congratulations on the new addition to your family!  :banana:
Genre: Fantasy

idontknowyet

« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2021, 01:54:37 AM »
Congratulations!!!   :banana: :dance: :banana:

spin52

« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2021, 03:24:05 AM »
Wonderful to hear good news for a change! Congrats!

Traditional mysteries with a dash of humor -- no cats, no cupcakes, no covens.

M R M

« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2021, 12:23:36 PM »
Thanks everybody for the kind words :)

I've found fragmented sleep has increased the weird dreams a lot,  resulting in multiple ideas for future stories,  which is kind of cool.

M R M

« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2022, 01:43:56 PM »
OK so I've spent a few days in ICU (not covid)  and sleeping with bowie in my ears here has given me my next project.  Not easy writing on my phone,  but it worksish