Author Topic: Anyone reading The Innkeeper Chronicles?  (Read 1571 times)

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
  • Earth Galaxy core, 2618
    • The Hunter Imperium Universe
Anyone reading The Innkeeper Chronicles?
« on: July 16, 2019, 11:22:29 PM »
Book 4 of The Innkeeper Chronicles just released, by Ilona Andrews.

Anyone reading this series?

I've been riveted by the first 3 books. Just re-read them in anticipation. And eagerly awaiting the next one.

BUT....

Book 4 is about the sister, and the sample is completely rehash of what happened in the last book, from the sister's side.

If someone's read it, can you tell me if it's worth reading? I'm not really interested in the Vampire side of things, as what grabs me is the magic of the Inn and the Innkeeper.

Book 3 left things with a tangible event about to happen, and suddenly we get the sister off with Vampires? I'm trying not to be disappointed.

No spoilers, but should I be getting it or not, as the sample is telling me not.
Genres: Space Opera/Fantasy/Cyberpunk, with elements of LitRPG and GameLit, with a touch of the Supernatural. Also Spiritual and Games.

Timothy Ellis Kindle Author page. | Join the Hunter Legacy mailing list | The Hunter Imperium Universe on Facebook. | Forum Promo Page.

VanessaC

Re: Anyone reading The Innkeeper Chronicles?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2019, 11:43:02 PM »
As far as I know (from following Ilona Andrews' blog), this book is all about the sister, and not centred on the inn, but I've not read it yet - pre-ordered, and it will be on my kindle later.

We're all different, though - I'm actually really looking forward to reading it as a different aspect of the Innkeepers' world.

Genre: Fantasy

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2019, 11:58:31 PM »
As far as I know (from following Ilona Andrews' blog), this book is all about the sister, and not centred on the inn, but I've not read it yet - pre-ordered, and it will be on my kindle later.

Should be there now, or very shortly. It's showing as live on the .com store.

Let me know what you think.

Personally I think book 4 is too early to be taking side trips. I'm doing it in my current series, but mine is series 4 in the universe, not series 1.

I guess the main question is: Does it further the plot of finding their parents? If not, *sigh* I'd like to say I'll wait another year for the next book, but I probably wont. This is where writing multiple series is bad for the reader of only 1 of them. You end up with the books being too far apart. And when the latest one goes on a side trip, it breaks your attention.

Anyway, no spoilers, but let me know what you think after you finish it.
Genres: Space Opera/Fantasy/Cyberpunk, with elements of LitRPG and GameLit, with a touch of the Supernatural. Also Spiritual and Games.

Timothy Ellis Kindle Author page. | Join the Hunter Legacy mailing list | The Hunter Imperium Universe on Facebook. | Forum Promo Page.

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2019, 02:35:39 PM »
Any verdicts yet?

VanessaC

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2019, 09:02:38 PM »
Any verdicts yet?

Finally got around to reading this.  It is set in the vampire world and although the first bit recaps a few key previous scenes from the sister's point of view, the vast majority of the book is new. There's some development of the big picture plot, but it's mostly focused on the sister and getting deeper into the culture of the Holy Anocracy.

I really enjoyed it, but then I pretty much love everything Ilona Andrews has written, and I'm happy to follow them into different parts of their worlds.  (I'm way, way behind on my reading - lots of books to catch up on!)

I'd also say that, for me, it was a fairly quick read - I do read fast when I actually get any time to read - and a fun way to spend a few hours.

Not sure if that helps, but thumbs up from me.

Genre: Fantasy