Author Topic: D2D 11/6  (Read 3565 times)

Marti Talbott

D2D 11/6
« on: November 08, 2019, 05:20:17 AM »
My D2D sales flat-lined for yesterday 11/6. Anyone else?
Read The Swindler, a historical romance available at:
Amazon, Apple, Google Play, Kobo & Nook
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08QG5K23

notthatamanda

Re: D2D 11/6
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2019, 05:33:29 AM »
Yes, but I could have had no sales.

D2D used to seemed to update around 8AM eastern time US for the day before.
Recently I've noticed that Apple and B&N are coming in later and separately.

I hope it's just a glitch but I am perfectly aware it could just be I didn't move any books yesterday.

Marti Talbott

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2019, 05:46:42 AM »
Yes, but I could have had no sales.

D2D used to seemed to update around 8AM eastern time US for the day before.
Recently I've noticed that Apple and B&N are coming in later and separately.

I hope it's just a glitch but I am perfectly aware it could just be I didn't move any books yesterday.

If it's both of us, it's probably a glitch. I always have sales on D2D and yes, I've noticed the reports come in later now. Maybe D2D is just implementing something new.

Eric Thomson

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2019, 06:09:35 AM »
I've been selling 10-20 books a day on iTunes in recent weeks, and haven't had a single day without an iTunes sale in so long I can't remember.  But today is the second day running D2D hasn't reported any iTunes sales, so something is definitely constipated somewhere.  D2D is reporting the B&N sales without issues.

Jeff Tanyard

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2019, 06:57:01 AM »
Same here.  My last date for reports is the fourth.  Nothing for the fifth or sixth.   :icon_rolleyes:
v  v  v  v  v    Short Stories    v  v  v  v  v    vv FREE! vv

Genres: Science Fiction, Fantasy (some day) | Author Website

Marti Talbott

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2019, 07:03:02 AM »
Didn't Apple just start their streaming service? Maybe that's put everything on delay especially if their service isn't able to handle the load.

notthatamanda

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2019, 08:37:03 AM »
I really hope it's just constipated, as I've been managing to sell some books on B&N with full price bookbub ads, so if I'm getting nothing for that,  :icon_cry:.  But if Eric is getting his B&N reports maybe it's just a partial blockage?

The following users thanked this post: Wifey

Maggie Ann

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2019, 08:59:20 AM »
If you try to set a custom date on the report, it only allows you to pick up to 11/4.

notthatamanda

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2019, 10:04:33 AM »
If you try to set a custom date on the report, it only allows you to pick up to 11/4.
Yup, same here.  I'm pretty sure I saw sales yesterday for the 5th though.  But maybe I'm confused.
Anyway, I'm hopeful that I'll get something once the reports free up.  Thanks.

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
  • Earth Galaxy core, 2618
    • The Hunter Imperium Universe
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2019, 10:48:51 AM »
I'm not on D2D, but the last couple of days have been a downward trend I wasn't expecting. Especially last night.

Didn't Apple just start their streaming service? Maybe that's put everything on delay especially if their service isn't able to handle the load.

What's this?
Genres: Space Opera/Fantasy/Cyberpunk, with elements of LitRPG and GameLit, with a touch of the Supernatural. Also Spiritual and Games.

Timothy Ellis Kindle Author page. | Join the Hunter Legacy mailing list | The Hunter Imperium Universe on Facebook. | Forum Promo Page.

Marti Talbott

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2019, 11:01:22 AM »
I'm not on D2D, but the last couple of days have been a downward trend I wasn't expecting. Especially last night.

What's this?

I was talking about this a couple of weeks ago and a possible opportunity for us.
https://www.pocket-lint.com/tv/news/apple/133233-apple-tv-subscription-streaming-service-what-s-the-story-so-far

notthatamanda

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2019, 11:36:52 AM »
Do you mean for streaming book trailers?

Marti Talbott

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2019, 12:08:15 PM »
Do you mean for streaming book trailers?

I understand it to be movies and in competition with Netflix. It's a subscription service like Amazon. Disney either already has their streaming service available or soon will. The world of movies be a change'n. I'm a Fox business channel junky and they've been talking about the coming competition for weeks. How many services will people buy at a time? Will they sign up for the free month and then cancel? Will the new services drive Netflix and Amazon out of business? Well, probably not Amazon. Apple's price is already lower. Will Netflix have to go into debt to buy more content just to stay competitive?

And for us - where will they get said content?

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
  • Earth Galaxy core, 2618
    • The Hunter Imperium Universe
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2019, 12:24:17 PM »
Apple's price is already lower. Will Netflix have to go into debt to buy more content just to stay competitive?

I think Apple have already defined their own limitations.

No adult content at all. All family stuff.

That leaves plenty of scope for everyone else.

I'm not interested in PG rated stuff, so they have nothing to interest me.

Not that I'd be interested anyway. I'm a dvder.
Genres: Space Opera/Fantasy/Cyberpunk, with elements of LitRPG and GameLit, with a touch of the Supernatural. Also Spiritual and Games.

Timothy Ellis Kindle Author page. | Join the Hunter Legacy mailing list | The Hunter Imperium Universe on Facebook. | Forum Promo Page.

notthatamanda

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2019, 09:47:06 PM »
D2D reports still stuck on the fourth.  I emailed them to ask nicely about it.

I keep getting an ad on YouTube for Apple TV, for a series with Reese Witherspoon, Jennifer Anniston and I think DeNiro.
I was surprised that Witherspoon was doing something with Apple, after Big Little Lies I would have thought she would work with HBO, but I think I need to get over that very old fashioned mindset that actors are tied to a particular studio. 

As to how many subscriptions a person will sign up for, some people will sign up for every single one that is offered to them.  And it could take them years to cancel it, even if they never use it. Then there are those who couldn't be less interested.

Gerri Attrick

« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2019, 12:59:03 AM »
Sales reported okay for the 4th and 5th, but nothing on the 6th. Sales reported for the 7th as well.

Not that we're talking great shakes here. Sales on the 4th: $1.91. For the 5th: $4.94 and the 7th: $3.60.

And just when I was beginning to see $100 months on Google Play. Bah!

Bill Hiatt

• Trilogy unlocked
  • Tickling the imagination one book at a time
    • Bill Hiatt's Author Website
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2019, 01:29:02 AM »
Apple's price is already lower. Will Netflix have to go into debt to buy more content just to stay competitive?

I think Apple have already defined their own limitations.

No adult content at all. All family stuff.

That leaves plenty of scope for everyone else.

I'm not interested in PG rated stuff, so they have nothing to interest me.

Not that I'd be interested anyway. I'm a dvder.
I'm a dvder or blurayer too. I like the idea of owning a copy of the content. Content comes and goes on streaming services--they lose the rights, you lose the access. Also, streaming video is dependent upon your Internet speed and can put a lot of strain on your bandwidth, depending on your location, provider, terms, etc.

Tickling the imagination one book at a time
Bill Hiatt | fiction website | education website | Facebook author page | Twitter

Eric Thomson

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2019, 01:56:12 AM »
iTunes sales for 4-5-6 Nov are in.  Nothing yet for yesterday.

notthatamanda

« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2019, 03:26:46 AM »
Yes I moved some frees on those days.  Nothing paid.

Marti Talbott

« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2019, 03:32:21 AM »
Yes I moved some frees on those days.  Nothing paid.

From the 5th on still doesn't look right to me. Apple still hasn't reported for yesterday, I think. I could be wrong. I had a promotion for a free book yesterday and only gave away 25 while I gave away around 1500 on Amazon.

Maggie Ann

« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2019, 04:59:43 AM »
The custom dates calendar has moved from 11/4 to 11/6 and I had a sale on the sixth.  :banana-riding-llama-smiley-em

notthatamanda

« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2019, 05:44:31 AM »
This is what I got from D2D:

We found that some reports had been delayed but those have now been added to your dashboard for you.  When you have no sales for a current date it will only let you select the last date that a sale was reported.  Now, I am showing that you have sales through the 6th of November on your charts.  We have not yet imported all of yesterday's sales yet as they are on a 24 hr delay from the point of sale. 

The following users thanked this post: Marti Talbott

Jeff Tanyard

« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2019, 07:12:11 AM »
iTunes sales for 4-5-6 Nov are in.  Nothing yet for yesterday.

Same here.

I'm a dvder or blurayer too. I like the idea of owning a copy of the content. Content comes and goes on streaming services--they lose the rights, you lose the access. Also, streaming video is dependent upon your Internet speed and can put a lot of strain on your bandwidth, depending on your location, provider, terms, etc.

My sentiments exactly.
v  v  v  v  v    Short Stories    v  v  v  v  v    vv FREE! vv

Genres: Science Fiction, Fantasy (some day) | Author Website