Author Topic: The Abyss in theaters  (Read 224 times)

Jeff Tanyard

The Abyss in theaters
« on: November 20, 2023, 03:31:01 PM »
The James Cameron classic The Abyss is coming to theaters soon.   :cool:

https://www.ign.com/articles/james-camerons-the-abyss-4k-will-return-to-theaters-for-just-one-day

It's a one-day event: December 6th.

I saw the movie in the theater back during its original run in 1989.  I was just a teenage kid at the time, but the movie stuck with me.  I particularly remember the CPR scene and the rat-in-the-fluid scene.  And, of course, we were all wowed by the CGI water column, a groundbreaking technical achievement at the time.

If you haven't seen the movie before, I recommend it, and here's your chance to see it in style.
v  v  v  v  v    Short Stories    v  v  v  v  v    vv FREE! vv

Genres: Science Fiction, Fantasy (some day) | Author Website

The following users thanked this post: PJ Post, Anarchist

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
  • Earth Galaxy core, 2618
    • The Hunter Imperium Universe
Re: The Abyss in theaters
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2023, 05:59:40 PM »
Got the extended edition DVD, but it's in my 'waiting for 4K' section.

Last time I checked, it wasn't available to buy anymore, which for that time, is quite common now.
Genres: Space Opera/Fantasy/Cyberpunk, with elements of LitRPG and GameLit, with a touch of the Supernatural. Also Spiritual and Games.

Timothy Ellis Kindle Author page. | Join the Hunter Legacy mailing list | The Hunter Imperium Universe on Facebook. | Forum Promo Page.

The following users thanked this post: Jeff Tanyard

Lynn

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2023, 12:27:41 AM »
One of my favorite movies. The novelization was particularly good imo and I used to read it along with the movie. It really made the villain's story so much better and filled in a lot of backstory for Lindsey and Bud.
Don't rush me.

Anarchist

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2023, 03:57:18 AM »
Underrated movie. And production was apparently hell.

"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: there is never enough of anything to fully satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics.” – Thomas Sowell

"The State is an institution run by gangs of murderers, plunderers and thieves, surrounded by willing executioners, propagandists, sycophants, crooks, liars, clowns, charlatans, dupes and useful idiots—an institution that dirties and taints everything it touches.” - Hans Hoppe

"Virtue is more to be feared than vice, because its excesses are not subject to the regulation of conscience." - Adam Smith

Nothing that requires the labor of others is a basic human right.

I keep a stiff upper lip and shoot from the hip. - AC/DC