Author Topic: Non-US BookBub NL? Anyone get it?  (Read 2136 times)

WasAnn

Non-US BookBub NL? Anyone get it?
« on: October 19, 2018, 10:19:44 PM »
I've got a non-US bookbub for Between Life and Death: The Book of Sam today. It's in horror. I'd love to see their blurb. Anyone get it? Would anyone mind screen capping the listing? I'd super duper appreciate it!

Science Fiction is my game.

Simon Haynes

Re: Non-US BookBub NL? Anyone get it?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2018, 10:30:39 PM »
Mine usually shows in half an hour or so - will keep an eye out!

Congrats on the BB, too. Hope it does really well for you.

The following users thanked this post: WasAnn

Lysmata Debelius

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2018, 10:30:54 PM »
I can see it. Hold on a bit...

Lysmata Debelius

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2018, 10:33:06 PM »
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JqQkHIMPGxIA6xwRmch3gbLu-BSOayti/view?usp=sharing <-- screenshot. Can you see this?

ETA: testing attaching the image...
« Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 10:41:28 PM by Lysmata Debelius »

The following users thanked this post: WasAnn

WasAnn

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2018, 10:38:06 PM »
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JqQkHIMPGxIA6xwRmch3gbLu-BSOayti/view?usp=sharing <-- screenshot. Can you see this?

Yep! I could see that one just fine. Doesn't look like they did their blurb magic on it, just used the entire blurb from the book. Do they not write blurbs for non-US bookbubs? I wonder if they don't yet have the critical mass to make that investment in a blurbwriter. Thank you so much!

WasAnn

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2018, 10:41:22 PM »
Mine usually shows in half an hour or so - will keep an eye out!

Congrats on the BB, too. Hope it does really well for you.

Thanks! I used to get BBs fairly regularly, but not as much lately. Last year, I got a non-US for another book, busted their averages like crazy, and then that same book got a US Bub a month or two later. The general idea is that if you do well in a non-US bub, then your chances of a US bub shortly after are much higher.

Also, many tradpubs only book for the US for whatever reason, so they have more slots for non-US.

So, it's definitely worth it if they offer you a non-US only bub. It did so well they asked me to do a guest blog post on how I got those numbers. It was popular, so I think there was still a lot of confusion for authors then about whether or not the non-US was worth it. I think they are, for sure. Of course, my view is all Bubs are good. :)

Simon Haynes

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2018, 10:53:54 PM »
Over 50% of my royalties come from UK readers, so international would suit me just fine ;-)

I had a US/intl bookbub in August. Did 6000 sales instead of their expected 2200 or so, but they still knocked back my recent application. (I reckon it's too new, not enough reviews.)

Next month, I'll apply for my middle-grade series.

WasAnn

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2018, 10:55:16 PM »
Over 50% of my royalties come from UK readers, so international would suit me just fine ;-)

I had a US/intl bookbub in August. Did 6000 sales instead of their expected 2200 or so, but they still knocked back my recent application. (I reckon it's too new, not enough reviews.)

Next month, I'll apply for my middle-grade series.

I can never figure out why they knock back some and not others. Never.