Author Topic: Lemur Press (Not Dancing Lemur Press)  (Read 907 times)

David VanDyke

• Long Novel unlocked
  • Full-time hybrid author and curmudgeon
    • David VanDyke's Author Website
Lemur Press (Not Dancing Lemur Press)
« on: June 17, 2021, 01:57:44 AM »
Got this cold email from Lemur Press:

Hello,

I hope this email finds you well. Our company, Lemur Press, researches online consumer demand for books and identifies out-of-print titles with high levels of reader interest. Our research shows that there is demand for The Eden Plague: Book 0 and we would like to discuss opportunities to bring this title back into print.  If this information is in error or regarding an older edition, my apologies! 

In either case, if you have any out of print works you'd be interested in discussing, please do reach out.  Perhaps you have a few minutes for a call in the next week to discuss with my team? Here is a link to the calendar to schedule a call: (Link redacted)

Regards,

Alex

--

Alex Smith
Lemur Press

---

Anyone know anything about these guys?

No need for the usual general blandishments to be cautious of cold emails. I've been doing this for nearly ten years. Just looking for anyone with personal knowledge of this company. What do they do? Are they legit? Things like that. Google searches did not turn up any scam notices or red flags.

Also, there is a legit small outfit called Dancing Lemur Press listed by Smashwords. Does not seem to be related except by the name. Is Lemur Press trying to piggyback on the similarity? Did they simply not do their due diligence before they created their name?
Never listen to people with no skin in the game.

I'm a lucky guy. I find the harder I work, the luckier I am.

Those who prefer their English sloppy have only themselves to thank if the advertisement writer uses his mastery of the vocabulary and syntax to mislead their weak minds.

~ Dorothy L. Sayers

She-la-te-da

Re: Lemur Press (Not Dancing Lemur Press)
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2021, 09:59:06 PM »
Is Lemur Press trying to piggyback on the similarity?

It's possible. Or they may have just not looked before they took the name. It's hard to tell these days whether someone is just jumping on the "make easy money off self publishers" wagon, or just not business savvy.

It might not hurt to ask them some questions, but you've been around as long as I have, so you know that. :)
I write various flavors of speculative fiction. This is my main pen name.