Author Topic: Google play - where do you add links for your paper books?  (Read 1923 times)

notthatamanda

I saw this on Kboards, went to Google play but I can't figure it out. I'm probably looking for the wrong thing, I was looking for a spot in the metadata to add the ISBN numbers for the paper books. Is there some other way to do it? Thanks for the help.

The following users thanked this post: alhawke

Lick Darsey

Re: Google play - where do you add links for your paper books?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2020, 01:08:29 AM »
It's in the Book Info section. Go to Settings and then click on Show Advanced Settings. There's a field titled "Link for printed book" near the bottom of the page on the right.

The following users thanked this post: notthatamanda

Eric Thomson

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2020, 01:23:18 AM »
Here ya go:

The following users thanked this post: notthatamanda

notthatamanda

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2020, 01:45:31 AM »
Thank you guys. I have to armor up to go food shopping now, but I'll take a look tonight.

notthatamanda

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2020, 11:49:58 AM »
Lick - what do you pick for the place to buy the book. Amazon? Ingram?
Eric - I added the ISBNs to the alternate format settings. Thanks.

Lick Darsey

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2020, 11:35:39 PM »
Lick - what do you pick for the place to buy the book. Amazon? Ingram?
Eric - I added the ISBNs to the alternate format settings. Thanks.
I don't add the link. I just knew where the field was to add the link. Sorry!

I would probably use whatever the list price is that you use. If the book has the same ISBN on Amazon and IngramSpark, you should probably use the same list price on both platforms.

notthatamanda

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2020, 11:53:38 PM »
No problem, thanks for responding.
I'd rather send the business to Ingram, but I have to poke around with it.
Amanda

alhawke

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2020, 05:58:48 AM »
Thanks for this. I entered my paperback ISBNs but I can't find any links to enter. ??

notthatamanda

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2020, 10:38:01 PM »
It's in the Book Info section. Go to Settings and then click on Show Advanced Settings. There's a field titled "Link for printed book" near the bottom of the page on the right.

I think this is what you mean, Allhawke. I looked at it, but didn't enter anything.

alhawke

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2020, 01:35:51 AM »
I see it now. You're not going to link it on Google? It says you can link to a store. I could put Amazon?

Smashwords allows linking paperbacks too, but to multiple, so I linked my books on Smashwords to B&N, Walmart and Amazon (not to say it's bringing in the dough with sales ;)). I sell on Ingram and Amazon.

notthatamanda

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2020, 01:40:08 AM »
Oh you can do multiple links for paperbacks? I did not know that. Might as well. But I'm so lazy these days. I haven't sold an ebook on google since last summer. Free downloads, yes, but no follow ups on books 2 and 3.

alhawke

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2020, 03:49:22 AM »
It's only one link for GooglePlay, as far as I know; It's multiple for Smashwords.

My question is what you asked Lick above. Where do you link it? Is it okay with GooglePlay to list Amazon? Usually distributors don't like listing other third-party groups. Not sure if this feature for GooglePlay is more for a direct link to a website sales page--for authors that have one. I'm curious if you or others have entered Amazon or other 3rd party paperback links here.

Thanks for the post. I didn't even know paperbacks could be listed on Google Play.

notthatamanda

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2020, 05:05:55 AM »
You're right. If you look at the little question mark next to name of site for printed book, it says, where customer can buy printed book directly from you.  So they probably don't want Amazon on there.