Author Topic: Cover not displaying on new release  (Read 964 times)

liveswithbirds

Cover not displaying on new release
« on: October 17, 2019, 03:30:44 PM »
I just published my latest release about 48 hours ago on Amazon, and the cover image is still not displaying on the product page. The book finally went live (after 16 hours) and the product description is there. Of course, no Look Inside yet, either.

I did buy a copy for my Kindle. The cover isn't showing in My Library, either, but when I open the book on my device it does show if I scroll to it. Everything else seems to be in good shape.

Should I be worried or give it more time? Honestly, it's been a while since my last release and I don't recall it ever taking this long. Yeah, I know they say 72 hours, but still...

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
  • Earth Galaxy core, 2618
    • The Hunter Imperium Universe
Re: Cover not displaying on new release
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2019, 03:46:12 PM »
Have you had the email from them saying the book is now in the store?

If so, the cover should be there, and you need to contact them to fix it.

I've noticed first in series, and stand alones take longer to appear than the rest of a series do.

My last one was in the store within an hour, but the cover took an hour longer.
Genres: Space Opera/Fantasy/Cyberpunk, with elements of LitRPG and GameLit, with a touch of the Supernatural. Also Spiritual and Games.

Timothy Ellis Kindle Author page. | Join the Hunter Legacy mailing list | The Hunter Imperium Universe on Facebook. | Forum Promo Page.

liveswithbirds

Re: Cover not displaying on new release
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2019, 01:38:23 AM »
It is a standalone. The Look Inside is there, now, too. Guess I'll have to email.

Thanks!