Author Topic: Google Play - Getting Easier to Use!  (Read 1020 times)

R. C.

• Epic Novel unlocked
  • "Sooner barbarity than boredom." - T. Gautier
    • R C Ducantlin - Writer of Stories
Google Play - Getting Easier to Use!
« on: March 19, 2021, 06:25:04 AM »
Copied from the FB group: Wide for the Win.

Holy hell yeah, y'all! GooglePlay has an awesome update for us all. Thanks to Sabrina Benun for the heads up.

What has me so excited I cheered out loud when I read the email, you ask? This: the Promotions pricing interface is getting a face lift. No more CSV files! Can I get a "Woot woot!" I am super excited about this and about all the other fantastic updates the GooglePlay team has been working on the last several months. So, before I get to the official announcement, I just want to say a great big thank you on behalf of Wide authors everywhere to Sabrina and the GP team!

All righty, here we go—the press release from GP:

Google Play Books has redesigned our promotional pricing tool, which allows publishers to change the list price of their book for a specified date range.

Publishers are no longer required to upload a spreadsheet to activate a promotional price. Instead, publishers can easily create a new campaign in their Promotions tab by selecting the promotion’s date range, titles, and prices. For a step-by-step guide to promotional pricing, visit g.co/play/promopricing.

When a publisher discounts their book on Google Play Books, the book becomes eligible for additional in-store merchandising and customer notifications. This doesn’t mean that every book will receive every promotion, but this discount significantly increases the book’s likelihood of receiving more promotion in the storefront.

These discount promotions are driven by our algorithm and can include:

Appearance in a collection highlighting discounted titles, including relevant genre collections

Targeted in-app notifications and emails to customers that have wishlisted or sampled that title

As a reminder, Google Play Books recently launched another marketing tool for publishers: promo code campaigns. Promo code campaigns can be used to offer select customers a discounted book without lowering the book’s list price. After creating a promo code campaign, publishers can easily share the deal via a link to the Play

Store, where customers can redeem the discounted book offer.

Both promotional pricing and promo code campaigns can be used to offer discounts to customers in 75+ countries. To get started, publishers can visit the Partner
Center and go to the Promotions tab.

Cheers,
R.C.

The following users thanked this post: JackT, The Masked Scrivener

LilyBLily

Re: Google Play - Getting Easier to Use!
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2021, 12:19:04 PM »
Thanks for posting this. It'll come in handy.

The following users thanked this post: R. C.

The Masked Scrivener

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2021, 01:11:59 PM »
This is getting me excited. I'm a week or two away from releasing my books wide and look forward to making Google a partner of mine.  :banana:

The following users thanked this post: R. C.

notthatamanda

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2021, 08:50:51 PM »
I just poked around on the promotions tab and it looks very straight forward. Side note - a while ago I asked Google Play how to get on the first page a user sees when they go onto Google Play books and they said it is all algo driven by the user preferences.

Edit- I just went to google play books and my "Deals under $5" is way down on the list and all the books on the front page are $4.99. Looking at all the deals there are some 99 and 1.99 but most are higher priced.

What I really want to know is how to get on Reese's book list, in a non stalky way of course.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2021, 08:59:35 PM by notthatamanda »

The following users thanked this post: R. C., The Masked Scrivener

JackT

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2021, 10:28:39 PM »
Seems quite straightforward. Just had a go at it. It gives you a list of units sold in each territory during the promotion, which is helpful. No spreadsheet required. :)

Now if only Amazon would let us schedule a price change in advance (those of us who aren't exclusive) then we'd have the full set!

The following users thanked this post: R. C., The Masked Scrivener