Author Topic: A cute surprise from an unknown sender  (Read 2305 times)

CoraBuhlert

A cute surprise from an unknown sender
« on: December 12, 2018, 01:31:18 PM »
Today, these two Playmobil vikings and their cat arrived in my mailbox, mailed from an address in Malta:

Unfortunately, I have no idea who mailed them to me. But if it was someone from here, thank you.  :cheers

Blog | Pegasus Pulp | Newsletter | Author Central | Twitter | Instagram
Genres: All of them, but mostly science fiction and mystery/crime

Maggie Ann

Re: A cute surprise from an unknown sender
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2018, 03:24:26 AM »
Awwww! Sweet.

:dog1:

Kate Elizabeth

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2018, 02:26:38 AM »
That's pretty neat!  I like the cat.

CoraBuhlert

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2018, 12:34:55 PM »
Yesterday, another mystery package arrived, containing a well-armed lady with plenty of cats. I still have no idea who the unknown sender is, but this is a really lovely surprise.

Kyra Halland

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2018, 01:08:29 PM »
aaaaaaah, those are so cute! I like the cat, and the little skulls on her belt    Grin

We still have Playmobil sets from when my family lived in Germany twice for a year, back in the 70s (my dad was a visiting professor there). I absconded with some of them, which my own boys played with while they were growing up and now my granddaughters play with them. The rest are still at my parents' house and have been enjoyed by many grandchildren. We always called them Klickies.

Strong women, honorable men, worlds of magic

Kyra Halland | Website | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads

Genres: Epic Romantic Fantasy; Western Fantasy

VisitasKeat

• Short Novel unlocked
  • Following my characters. Wherever they take me.
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2018, 11:28:26 PM »
 :goodpost: :clap: :tup3b :Tup2:

CoraBuhlert

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2018, 03:08:31 PM »
aaaaaaah, those are so cute! I like the cat, and the little skulls on her belt    Grin

We still have Playmobil sets from when my family lived in Germany twice for a year, back in the 70s (my dad was a visiting professor there). I absconded with some of them, which my own boys played with while they were growing up and now my granddaughters play with them. The rest are still at my parents' house and have been enjoyed by many grandchildren. We always called them Klickies.

Playmobil toys are extremely durable. I still have some of mine from the 1970s and 1980s, including one of the very earliest, a police officer from 1975. And Klicky was an early term for Playmobil figures.

Where in Germany did you live BTW?

Meanwhile, the mystery has been resolved and the sender has identified themselves. It's not someone rom here, but from another site I frequent. 

Kyra Halland

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2018, 03:46:44 PM »

Playmobil toys are extremely durable. I still have some of mine from the 1970s and 1980s, including one of the very earliest, a police officer from 1975. And Klicky was an early term for Playmobil figures.

Where in Germany did you live BTW?

Meanwhile, the mystery has been resolved and the sender has identified themselves. It's not someone rom here, but from another site I frequent.

In 1970-71, we lived in Karlsruhe; 1978-79, we were in Kaiserslautern. We went back this past spring, my parents and my siblings and me and our spouses, and had a wonderful time revisiting those towns and a lot of other places we saw before.

Strong women, honorable men, worlds of magic

Kyra Halland | Website | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads

Genres: Epic Romantic Fantasy; Western Fantasy

CoraBuhlert

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2018, 04:35:22 PM »
Ah, the Rheinland. That's a lovely part of Germany.  :cheers

I'm further north, near Bremen.