Author Topic: How long for books to go live on Amazon?  (Read 1428 times)

Denise

How long for books to go live on Amazon?
« on: January 28, 2019, 07:54:47 AM »
Ok, so, you upload your book to Amazon and then hit "publish". How long does it take for it to go live for sale? I couldn't find this answer on the KDP help section, but they say up to 72 hours. Yikes! How long does it usually take?

If I decide to do the shortest ever preorder, when is the latest I can upload? 3 days before the publishing date?

I'm asking this because I'm going to launch without preorder, but since I already scheduled NL swaps and told my list about the launch date, I need to get this right. KDP help doesn't give an answer. 

Writer

Re: How long for books to go live on Amazon?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2019, 11:29:34 AM »
Mine are usually live within 12 hours of punching Publish but there are sometimes delays. When that happens, it can take closer to 24.

Preorders: assuming the file you upload is your final one, finished and ready to go, you've got either 3 or 4 days. I forget which.

The following users thanked this post: Denise

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
  • Earth Galaxy core, 2618
    • The Hunter Imperium Universe
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2019, 11:31:04 AM »
Mine usually go live just inside an hour.
Genres: Space Opera/Fantasy/Cyberpunk, with elements of LitRPG and GameLit, with a touch of the Supernatural. Also Spiritual and Games.

Timothy Ellis Kindle Author page. | Join the Hunter Legacy mailing list | The Hunter Imperium Universe on Facebook. | Forum Promo Page.

Guerin

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2019, 11:36:39 PM »
Mine are usually live within 24 hours, many times much less. I think it gets faster with the more books you publish and depending on the format you upload.

Guerin Zand | Website | Facebook

The following users thanked this post: Denise