Author Topic: Is there a chart/estimate for sales rank = # of books sold for B&N/Kobo?  (Read 1252 times)

ashleycapes

• Short Novel unlocked
  • My neighbors think my name is Emily Goldfinch
    • Website
Just a quick question - any one know of such a chart/list?

I'm trying to track the effectiveness of a Bookbub feature and as I use an aggregator for some of my distribution, I'm not actually sure how well it's doing on some of the non-Amazon retailers. (Obviously I can wait until the end of the month and see exactly, but I'm keen to try and glean some very rough figures during the tail, if possible.)

Ashley Capes | website

ashleycapes

• Short Novel unlocked
  • My neighbors think my name is Emily Goldfinch
    • Website
Re: Is there a chart/estimate for sales rank = # of books sold for B&N/Kobo?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2018, 09:42:27 AM »
Here's some old data that might be of use in case anyone else is in my or a similar situation:

http://authorearnings.com/report/october-2015-apple-bn-kobo-and-google-a-look-at-the-rest-of-the-ebook-market/

Indie authors routinely share detailed sales data with each other. This includes data on sales in other stores, as well as sales on Amazon. The number of daily sales required to reach an overall Top 100 sales rank, a Top 10 rank, or even a Top 5 rank in each of these stores is fairly common knowledge among high-selling indies whose books frequently occupy those ranks. For instance, while it takes at least 1,000 Amazon sales in a day to reach an overall Top 100 ranking from a standing start, you need less than 150 sales to achieve the same Top-100 rank in the Apple iBooks store. And nowadays, 100 sales will easily put you in the Top 100 on Nook, while 50 will do it on Kobo. Similar ratios hold all the way up to the Top 5 in each store: nearly 5,000 sales are needed in a day to reach the Top 5 on Amazon, whereas you can reach the iBooks Top 5 with maybe 650 sales, and 500 sales will easily get you there on Nook. It’s possible to hit the Top 5 on Kobo with 250 sales in a day, and it takes far less that that on Google.

Almost exactly what I'm after but as it's 3 years old, not sure it's up to date but it's still useful I hope

Ashley Capes | website