Author Topic: The burden of fact door swings both ways.  (Read 2871 times)

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
  • Earth Galaxy core, 2618
    • The Hunter Imperium Universe
The burden of fact door swings both ways.
« on: October 12, 2018, 03:16:28 PM »
*Admin hat ON*

One of the difficult things is determining where the line is for requiring moderation. So I've been letting some things slide to see where they went.

I've already stated if someone wants to name names, or post news, it must be about facts.

But what I'm seeing is a tendency to make broad accusations against Amazon, devoid of facts, in an effort to derail or muddy the water of ongoing discussions.

As of now, this stops. The rules apply equally to all sides of an issue, discussion, or argument.

Post facts.

I will not allow accusations to be made about any person, business, corporate, or government, which is not accompanied by fact to support it. This includes Amazon. The big A has done some crazy sh*t over time, and legitimately attracts criticism. But I'm not allowing stuff which happened in the past, to be used in a discussion about now.

Post facts. If you make an accusation and there are no facts, your post will be removed to the zombie area. Dont post 3rd person gossip. If you know someone who was affected, get them to post here themselves. We all want to know the story, but not from someone who is not the person it happened to. If it's documented by a blog, or a news service, post the link so we can read it there.

But the habit of blaming Amazon in the present for stuff they did in the past, and no longer do, stops now.

If you have a problem with this, PM me.

*Admin hat OFF*
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 02:30:35 AM by TimothyEllis »
Genres: Space Opera/Fantasy/Cyberpunk, with elements of LitRPG and GameLit, with a touch of the Supernatural. Also Spiritual and Games.

Timothy Ellis Kindle Author page. | Join the Hunter Legacy mailing list | The Hunter Imperium Universe on Facebook. | Forum Promo Page.