Author Topic: (Early Adopter Discount!) Professional illustration & cover design  (Read 1149 times)

perisoreus

• Tag Line unlocked
  • Writer/Illustrator/Cover Artist
Hi, authors! My name is Jasmine, and I’d like to hang my shingle as a genre fiction cover illustrator. I’ve been a hobbyist illustrator since I picked up a pencil, but I’m relatively new to the professional art world. With that in mind, I’d like to start by offering an early adopters discount: my first six clients will have access to the rates below, after which prices will go up.

I’m comfortable with most elements you’d find on your typical fantasy cover, but I specialize in portraiture and character-centric illustration. I want to bring your character to life! Send me a detailed description of the character, an idea of what the book is about, and any references you may have accumulated in your writing folders. Then, I sketch. When you approve the sketch, I turn it into a full illustration, add typography, and deliver!

Here’s an example of a sketch and portrait of one of my own characters, followed by a quick breakdown of my process:

I’m actively working on my portfolio, so watch this space for examples of sci-fi, creature design (dragons and so on), and other genres and styles!
As is the case with many other illustrators, I use phototextures in many of my paintings to streamline my process and add detail. These photos are all royalty free or public domain, so you don’t have to worry about them.

If you’d like to be one of my first six clients, please contact me at jepfosterworks@gmail.com and let me know what I can do for you!

Early Adopter Rates

eBook cover: $250

•   Sketch with up to 3 revisions
•   Custom digital illustration in eBook dimensions and 300dpi resolution
•   Design elements and typography, front cover only
•   First rendered character included, add $100 for each additional character (tiny figures in the distance obviously not part of this count; extra fee only applies if the character is in the foreground and will add a significant chunk of time to the process)

Print cover: $400
•   Sketch with up to 3 revisions
•   Custom digital illustration in eBook dimensions and 300dpi resolution
•   Custom digital illustration in print dimensions to your specifications, 300dpi resolution
•   Design elements and typography: front, back & spine
•   First rendered character included, add $100 for each additional character (as above)

I can also produce marketing materials for an additional fee. Please let me know what you need.
The following sample covers are available as premades. Text and other minor modifications (a change of title, adding a tag line or a series name, etc.) are included in the price. Contact me if interested!

Height: $100

A Horse Called Cirrus: $125

Blood of Hekate: $250

Moonrise: $250
« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 01:52:19 PM by perisoreus »

perisoreus

• Tag Line unlocked
  • Writer/Illustrator/Cover Artist
Re: (Early Adopter Discount!) Professional illustration & cover design
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2019, 03:41:43 AM »
Cross-posting here and KBoards: A warm-up painting from this morning, practising some dramatic back lighting and subsurface scatter. Posting here as an example of some creature design. Does your novel have a unique species of alien, monster, or dragon? I can bring it to life!