Author Topic: Bookbub - “What Readers Think”  (Read 2140 times)

Leegreg

Bookbub - “What Readers Think”
« on: May 23, 2019, 04:03:44 AM »
I’m a Bookbub addict subscriber, but since Monday I’ve been getting “What readers think” instead of blurbs.

I really don’t like this. I want the little blurb back  :icon_cry:

I should check and see if it’s a setting, but if this is permanent I foresee my book spending plummeting. Which isn’t a bad thing, my unread but purchased book backlog is starting to rival my Steam games backlog.

More seriously, I’ve discovered more than a few authors I really like through Bookbub and I’m not sure what will replace it if this is not a setting I can fix and it’s permanent.

For authors who use it, I hope your potential readers are not like me.

ingobernable

Re: Bookbub - “What Readers Think”
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2019, 08:17:14 AM »
My emails still look like they always do. They might be testing to see what works better. You should contact Bookbub.

The following users thanked this post: Leegreg

notthatamanda

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2019, 11:00:34 AM »
Mine looked the same too, that's a new one.

The following users thanked this post: Leegreg

Leegreg

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2019, 10:52:06 PM »
🤨

Thanks for the responses. Seems like I either changed something without going to the website or I’m caught in a test. I did contact Bookbub so hopefully I’ll find out.

If anyone’s wondering here’s an example from Sunday and Monday. Every bargain email has been like the first since Monday and was like the second on Sunday and before.

Monday:

Sunday:

Also is it okay to put these in as examples? Should I put the full ad with the book name and author? Or should I remove them all together? Not sure of the ethics in quoting advertisements when they are exclusive.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2019, 11:02:30 PM by Leegreg »

Jan Hurst-Nicholson

• Epic Novel unlocked
  • Don't let your emotions overpower your intellect
    • Just4kix Books
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2019, 03:50:25 AM »
🤨

Thanks for the responses. Seems like I either changed something without going to the website or I’m caught in a test. I did contact Bookbub so hopefully I’ll find out.

If anyone’s wondering here’s an example from Sunday and Monday. Every bargain email has been like the first since Monday and was like the second on Sunday and before.

Monday:

Sunday:

Also is it okay to put these in as examples? Should I put the full ad with the book name and author? Or should I remove them all together? Not sure of the ethics in quoting advertisements when they are exclusive.

What did BookBub say in their reply?

Non-fiction, Fiction, family saga, humour, short stories, teen, children's
Jan Hurst-Nicholson | author website

Leegreg

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2019, 01:31:38 AM »

Thanks for the responses. Seems like I either changed something without going to the website or I’m caught in a test. I did contact Bookbub so hopefully I’ll find out

What did BookBub say in their reply?

Nothing. They never responded.

However the emails reverted to the old format the next week. I’m much happier with the tiny summary format, though my wallet disagrees. I didn’t buy or download a single book during the week with the “What readers think” format.

🤷🏻‍♂️
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 01:34:32 AM by Leegreg »

Morgan Worth

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2019, 01:09:52 AM »
I'm with you. I would never buy based on "what readers think." I want to know what the book's about!
I'm a beta reader and proofreader for many genres. I especially love a good cozy mystery!