Author Topic: Split from: Good insults about Hollywood?  (Read 2318 times)

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
  • Earth Galaxy core, 2618
    • The Hunter Imperium Universe
Split from: Good insults about Hollywood?
« on: January 30, 2020, 02:10:37 PM »
This might give you some ideas:

This is the best 8 mins in the history of tv!!! :clap: :icon_lol2:  :tup3b

Odd. All I get is 'Video Unavailable'.
Genres: Space Opera/Fantasy/Cyberpunk, with elements of LitRPG and GameLit, with a touch of the Supernatural. Also Spiritual and Games.

Timothy Ellis Kindle Author page. | Join the Hunter Legacy mailing list | The Hunter Imperium Universe on Facebook. | Forum Promo Page.

R H Auslander

Re: Split from: Good insults about Hollywood?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2020, 02:25:54 PM »

Are you under sanctions like we are? I got the same message, so just search 'Ricky Gervais' Monologue' and it comes up with a usable link.

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2020, 02:29:32 PM »

Are you under sanctions like we are?

What does that mean?
Genres: Space Opera/Fantasy/Cyberpunk, with elements of LitRPG and GameLit, with a touch of the Supernatural. Also Spiritual and Games.

Timothy Ellis Kindle Author page. | Join the Hunter Legacy mailing list | The Hunter Imperium Universe on Facebook. | Forum Promo Page.

Shoe

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2020, 02:31:52 PM »

What does that mean?

Guessing here. If he joked about the royal family it can't be shown in UK?
Martin Luther King: "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."

Shoe

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2020, 02:36:53 PM »

I googled but the put-downs I found aren’t actually about Hollywood. Can you think of some funny put-downs my character can make about Hollywood in general?

Robert Downey Jr. line from Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang comes to mind (paraphrasing): "It's literally like someone took America by the East Coast and shook it, and all the normal girls managed to hang on..." (and all the weird girls landed in L.A.).
Martin Luther King: "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2020, 02:46:36 PM »

What does that mean?

Guessing here. If he joked about the royal family it can't be shown in UK?

I'm not in the UK.

Shoe

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2020, 03:02:42 PM »

I'm not in the UK.

Yeah, I know. I didn't know if UK anti libel and slander laws were shared Downunder or not.

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2020, 03:05:05 PM »

I'm not in the UK.

Yeah, I know. I didn't know if UK anti libel and slander laws were shared Downunder or not.

Everything is fare game here.

The laws are probably similar, but no-one is going to censor them unless its coming from the Prime Ministers office.  grint

R H Auslander

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2020, 03:12:18 PM »

What does that mean?

It was a joke. You know where I live. I can't send so much as a post card to you, it has to come from the mainland, some researches for my writings on the net I can't access without going in a different direction, I get the 'not available' or 'access denied'. This video came up as 'denied'. I cry myself to sleep every night over that foolishness.

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2020, 04:45:15 PM »

What does that mean?

It was a joke. You know where I live. I can't send so much as a post card to you, it has to come from the mainland, some researches for my writings on the net I can't access without going in a different direction, I get the 'not available' or 'access denied'. This video came up as 'denied'. I cry myself to sleep every night over that foolishness.

Is that supposed to be something I'd recognize?

R H Auslander

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2020, 05:01:01 PM »
Nope.

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked

R H Auslander

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2020, 07:16:04 PM »
In Autonomous Republik of Krimea and Federal City of Sevastopol, two separate entities, we are under draconian sanctions since late March of 2014. No banks, no petrol stations, no natural gas systems, no Post system, no water systems are 'allowed' to work. Food is not allowed to be brought in to this island, nor any other necessities of life right down to parts for my aging German car. NZ and Oz are part of the sanctions protocol, as are EU, Nippon, US and Canada amongst others, ergo I can't send you a Post card from our local Post.

That's why when I hit the link to the vid I got an 'access denied' message. 5 seconds later I was watching the vid. Sanctions work both ways, just ask Poland, Italy, Tribaltica, etc.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2020, 07:34:59 PM by R H Auslander »

lea_owens

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2020, 07:54:09 PM »
In Autonomous Republik of Krimea and Federal City of Sevastopol, two separate entities, we are under draconian sanctions since late March of 2014. No banks, no petrol stations, no natural gas systems, no Post system, no water systems are 'allowed' to work. Food is not allowed to be brought in to this island, nor any other necessities of life right down to parts for my aging German car. NZ and Oz are part of the sanctions protocol, as are EU, Nippon, US and Canada amongst others, ergo I can't send you a Post card from our local Post.

So, if I wanted to send you a pack of Tim Tams and some vegemite for your toast, it wouldn't reach you? That's a bit bloody tough.

R H Auslander

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2020, 08:10:54 PM »
So, if I wanted to send you a pack of Tim Tams and some vegemite for your toast, it wouldn't reach you? That's a bit bloody tough.

If you can get your Post to send them, I'll receive them. Problem will be your Post won't send them to a Krimu or Sevastopol Address. Somehow they know the Post codes, how I don't know, they are a closely guarded secret in Russia, including code 299119. Oops. My bad.... And I can't send you any of the wine brewed by the monks on the south coast at Massandrah, nectar of the gods. Guess we'll have to drink it ourselves.

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2020, 08:57:35 PM »

If you can get your Post to send them, I'll receive them. Problem will be your Post won't send them to a Krimu or Sevastopol Address. Somehow they know the Post codes, how I don't know, they are a closely guarded secret in Russia, including code 299119. Oops. My bad.... And I can't send you any of the wine brewed by the monks on the south coast at Massandrah, nectar of the gods. Guess we'll have to drink it ourselves.

One of us appears to be off our meds.

I'm just not sure which.

R H Auslander

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2020, 09:08:16 PM »
I'll be back on my meds this evening, another 4 hours or so. Her Excellency is walking to store as I type and one of her needs is another bottle of Massandrah.  grint

notthatamanda

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2020, 09:17:48 PM »
I watched it (USA! USA!) and laughed once. I wasn't offended by any of it, just not amused either. I don't think you're missing much, Tim.

R H Auslander

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2020, 04:08:39 AM »
About 02:00 Washington time, more sanctions on some of the government of The Federal City of Sevastopol and several functionaries of the government of Autonomous Republik of Krimea. Odd. I thought the little revolution here began on 20 February 2014 with the Korsun Massacre and was done and finished by roughly 18 March 2014. I guess next they'll tell us it's forbidden to 'import' air for us to breathe. Time to crack open that bottle of meds Her Excellency brought back from the local food emporium this afternoon.

Tom Wood

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2020, 04:37:19 AM »
https://observablehq.com/@chriszs/point-to-ukraine-on-a-map

Once you get it right, the map will show you the spread pattern of where people guessed. At least six people think Ukraine is in the US!

R H Auslander

« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2020, 05:06:03 AM »
6 thinking Ukraine is in US is not surprising considering the level of education in US of late. I liked the 11 or so in Canada and the three in Oz.

Problem is back in I think '54, Kruschov gave the administration, not the land, of the Autonomous Republik of Krimea to Ukraine SSR. Sevastopol was not mentioned in this document, not even Kruschov would have dared to do that. The entire process was illegal by RFSSR law, the citizens should have voted and agreed, but who cared, Soviet Union was forever. Politboro gave the obligatory rubber stamp of approval and the citizens were informed their government was now in Kiev. I've read the entire document.

Then some years later SSSR fell apart and Ukraine assumed they owned the entire island including Sevastopol. Sevastopol has always been a thorn in the shoe of Ukraine and when the Ukes got too out of hand and too highhanded, they got their knickers wedged with a lot of busted noses. Russia was in such a mess for well over a decade that she could do nothing of any note, then some little guy who everyone thought would be a pliant puppet was put in charge. What a surprise he turned out to be.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 05:09:05 AM by R H Auslander »

Luke Everhart

• Long Novel unlocked
  • Energizer bunny arrested: charged with battery. 😔
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2020, 05:32:38 AM »
6 thinking Ukraine is in US is not surprising considering the level of education in US of late. I liked the 11 or so in Canada and the three in Oz.

Just a reminder since a lot of social media have been turning the tables on it, but the can't find Ukraine on a map thing started when an NPR reporter who was conducting an aggressive interview was asked if she could point out Ukraine on a map and she couldn't. It embarrassed the media & those well-disposed toward it.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 05:38:59 AM by Luke Everhart »
Urban Fantasy Author
Magic & Mirth meets Action & Attitude

R H Auslander

« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2020, 06:34:11 AM »
Gone are the days when the media had any integrity, knowledge or education. Or were those days ever extant?

However, we, as authors, have a duty to our readers to at least research our subjects deeply so our writings of most genre have at least a modicum of truth and/or correct information thrown in. That being said, I have zero respect for media of any of the multifaceted covens floating around out there. A pox on the lot of them, all they do is regurgitate what they are fed by their political or monetary masters with scant regard to truth, doesn't matter if they are in Foggy Bottom or Moskau. In this AO we have a very strict regimen. No interviews. Period. Drives the local media nuts, which is never a bad thing.