Author Topic: 7th Annual Back to School Blog Tour 2019 Closed for sign ups. Up and Running!  (Read 1323 times)

Tiffmeister

It's that time of year again! Time for sign-ups for the Back to School Blog Tour. This is my seventh one, and I usually take on 4-5 authors to feature a children's author with an interview and featured book blurb mention. Last year, I ended up having to double up on some days to fit in everyone, which is totally fine. So all children's authors interested, please feel free to PM on the board or post if you are interested in the thread.

The Back to School Tour will run from Monday Sept. 9 through Friday Sept. 13.

(Yeah, I know it's Friday the 13th. But hey, kids will still have to go to school that day too, and the world will keep spinning. Who knows, maybe I can get a spooky book for that day.)

If you are chosen and would like to do a giveaway, I'll feature it in your post. You can run it through your website or use a host site like Rafflecopter.com. I can do a participating giveaway of a gift card for people that stop and post it each day so people come back each time. Usually I do an Amazon gift card for the main giveaway. But lots of individual giveaways by the authors would be awesome too. But it is optional. It just enhances your feature post to have a giveaway. ;-)

Now, this is free for the first 4-5 sign-ups. I do offer this as a service through Fiverr, and will likely have people signing up that way too. So, my free slots will fill up fast and then I'll have to close it. So, get back to me as soon as you can. I ended up having about 10 authors last year and I have to cap at that. I can't have more than 2 authors a day. Since I've been having paid interviews featured on my blog, the traffic has really picked up. But I've always had free slots for this blog tour, and will keep at least 4-5 slots for free open. It's been the way I've been supporting the Indie Children's author community over the years.

I feature picture book, middle grade and YA children's authors. The whole range. I usually don't feature board book authors.

Anyway, what you need:

-Author Bio
-I'll supply you 3-5 questions to answer
-Book Cover in jpeg or png
-Book Blurb
-Optional Author Photo
-Optional Giveaway link to be posted with your featured post

For what the past blog tour has looked like, here is a link to post samples from last year:
https://crystalkeeper.wordpress.com/?s=back+to+school+

If you have any questions, please feel free to post on the thread or PM me.

I'm looking forward to the 7th year of this fabulous event. And Happy Back to School to all those teachers out there!
I'm with you in that enthusiasm even though I'm not in a classroom anymore. And yeah, sometimes I do miss it. So, this is a way to support my fellow teachers as well. ;-)

-Tiffany
« Last Edit: September 09, 2019, 04:21:26 PM by Tiffmeister »

Tiffmeister

Starting to get sign ups for the tour. There are still some free slots open. Please either PM or post on this thread if you are interested in joining.
Remember, the individual author giveaways are optional. If you'd like to do it, I can show you how.

Any exposure for your book is a great way to reach teachers, kids and their parents/grandparents.
Back to School is a great way to tie your book into the excitement of a new school year. Teachers are buying books for their class libraries and kids are needing new books to read for school.

For a look at my blog, here is the link:
http://crystalkeeper.wordpress.com

Hurrah! I want to lock in the author participants by Sept. 5.

-Tiffmeister

Tiffmeister

So, got a few authors, but there are still free slots and paid slots still open. Please send me a PM or post on the thread if interested.
-Tiff

Tiffmeister

LAST CALL! Doing a last call for authors to participate in this blog tour. It is starting next week, so I've got to let everyone know I'll be closing off sign ups in the next 48 hours. SO LAST CALL to get in on the blog tour.

Check out my blog if you'd like to see what it is all about:

-Tiffmeister

Tiffmeister

The 7th Annual Back to School Blog Tour has officially begun. I'd like to thank all the authors that have signed up. If you'd like to check it all out, please visit my blog at:

I've been running this blog since 2007 supporting Indie children's authors since 2007. I came up with the idea to do the blog tour, back when authors were trying to get content and support each other back in the day, like as we call, the Gold Rush of Indie Publishing, 2012.

It originally started back on the other writing part, starts with a "K" or something....

So, just trying to keep on the tradition among all the changes in the Indie publishing landscape. Here's to another year of publishing Indie books!
-Tiffmeister