Author Topic: Make Your Fellow Board Members Smile Thread  (Read 34068 times)

Michelle Louring

• Novella unlocked
  • The owl is pure evil. Don't let him fool you.
Make Your Fellow Board Members Smile Thread
« on: September 20, 2018, 05:22:58 PM »
Okay, cards on the table: I was basically born a grumpy old geezer. I have on more than one occasion yelled at neighborhood kids to "Get off my lawn!"
But I try to keep Grumpy Michelle contained by encouraging others to spread positivity (as long as it's not those darn kids...), so I thought my first thread on this forum should be a completely off-topic, positive one  Grin

Basically, I want you all to share funny stories, jokes, pictures of puppies and whatever else you think might put a smile on someone's face. 
But don't worry, we can totally make a separate "Rant About Everything"-thread as well!

Crazy owl lady. I also occasionally write Fantasy books, but the owl is really all anyone cares about.

https://michellelouring.com/

The following users thanked this post: Ghost5, VisitasKeat

guest14

Re: Make Your Fellow Board Members Smile Thread
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2018, 05:30:26 PM »
CAN ADMINS OF THIS GROUP DO A BETTER JOB OF MONITORING WHO IS ALLOWED IN HERE PLEASE? 😡😡😡😡😡😡😡
THERE’S A NEW MEMBER, AN ELDERLY WOMAN. WHO’S BEEN PRIVATELY MESSAGING MEMBERS, SENDING THEM NAKED PICTURES OF HERSELF IN NASTY POSES ALONG WITH CLOSE-UPS OF HER UNMENTIONABLES.
SHE IS OFFERING AN IPHONE 8+ IN EXCHANGE FOR SEXUAL FAVOURS.
I AM ESPECIALLY BOTHERED BECAUSE IT TURNED OUT TO BE AN IPHONE 6 AND THERE’S OBVIOUSLY SOMETHING WRONG WITH IT BECAUSE IT'S REALLY SLOW AND THE CAPS LOCK IS STUCK ON.

Post-Crisis D

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2018, 05:54:55 PM »
Not funny, but I think this might be impressive enough to be worthy of a smile.

This video was recorded and filmed in a single take and is also a very good vocal and musical performance.

Mulder: "If you're distracted by fear of those around you, it keeps you from seeing the actions of those above."
The X-Files: "Blood"

The following users thanked this post: Mark Gardner

Simon Haynes

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2018, 05:57:12 PM »
I posted this on Twitter a couple of days ago, hence the brevity (for once, not usually my thing ...):

I once had to speak at a primary school

Teacher: Who likes Harry Potter?

Kids: YAY!

Teacher: Isn't JK Rowling amazing?

Kids: YAY YAY!

T: Well, we have a wonderful surprise for you today!

Kids: REALLY!?

Parents: OMG WHAT!?

Me: Uh-oh

T: Yes, it's SIMON HAYNES

... crickets. Small boy crying.

Michelle Louring

• Novella unlocked
  • The owl is pure evil. Don't let him fool you.
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2018, 05:57:41 PM »
I AM ESPECIALLY BOTHERED BECAUSE IT TURNED OUT TO BE AN IPHONE 6 AND THERE’S OBVIOUSLY SOMETHING WRONG WITH IT BECAUSE IT'S REALLY SLOW AND THE CAPS LOCK IS STUCK ON.

Snorted water up my nose, but I guess I asked for that  :icon_lol:

I'm out of puppy pictures, so you guys need to make do with an owl in a scarf:

Crazy owl lady. I also occasionally write Fantasy books, but the owl is really all anyone cares about.

https://michellelouring.com/

The following users thanked this post: Ace Fletcher

Jeff Tanyard

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2018, 06:03:05 PM »
Perhaps this will put a few grins on some faces:

v  v  v  v  v    Short Stories    v  v  v  v  v    vv FREE! vv

Genres: Science Fiction, Fantasy (some day) | Author Website

Anarchist

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2018, 02:34:38 AM »
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: there is never enough of anything to fully satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics.” – Thomas Sowell

"The State is an institution run by gangs of murderers, plunderers and thieves, surrounded by willing executioners, propagandists, sycophants, crooks, liars, clowns, charlatans, dupes and useful idiots—an institution that dirties and taints everything it touches.” - Hans Hoppe

"Virtue is more to be feared than vice, because its excesses are not subject to the regulation of conscience." - Adam Smith

Nothing that requires the labor of others is a basic human right.

I keep a stiff upper lip and shoot from the hip. - AC/DC

Mark Gardner

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2018, 02:39:40 AM »
So...
I was on a panel at Phoenix Fan Fusion (Previously Phoenix Comic Fest, but never to be referred to as Phoenix Comicon for legal reasons). The panel was called "Marching Orders," and was about writing realistic military sci-fi.

I showed up to the panel about half an hour early- just as the previous panel was letting out. I sat in the audience and waited. The chairs started filling in around me, and when the room was ready, I started making up stuff about all the panelists. At first, it was plausible- "Did you know that Melinda Snodgrass wrote the entire third season of ST:TNG?" (She only wrote "Measure of a Man.) Then, I ramped it up: "Did you know that Sylvain Neuvel and Fabio were competitors in Milan?" Then I went to bizarre world: "Did you know that Old Man's War is an autobiography, and that John Scalzi is a time-traveling Space Marine?"

By this time, the room is full, and the panel is supposed to start. Kevin Ikenberry is like, "Where's Gardner?" John Scalzi surveys the crown and points me out. "He's in the audience." The entire panel audience simultaneously turns to look at me, so I wave and run up to the stage. At the Q&A stage, a congoer asks, "Mark Gardner said that when Scalzi appeared  for this panel, he would rise from the stage floor and there would be smoke effects and light effects." Scalzi turns to him without missing a beat and replies, "And that's exactly what happened. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise."

R H Auslander

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2018, 04:27:43 AM »
You wanted puppy and dog photos? Here ya go. Sophia, my blue girl, newborn to mature.  [attach id=0 msg=1444]  [attach id=1 msg=1444]  [attach id=2 msg=1444]

EB

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2018, 06:09:56 AM »
You're welcome.

Anarchist

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2018, 06:11:21 AM »
You're welcome.

Laughing while mildly disappointed is a strange feeling. ;)

"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: there is never enough of anything to fully satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics.” – Thomas Sowell

"The State is an institution run by gangs of murderers, plunderers and thieves, surrounded by willing executioners, propagandists, sycophants, crooks, liars, clowns, charlatans, dupes and useful idiots—an institution that dirties and taints everything it touches.” - Hans Hoppe

"Virtue is more to be feared than vice, because its excesses are not subject to the regulation of conscience." - Adam Smith

Post-Crisis D

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2018, 08:47:22 AM »
I was promised puppies.  I'd prefer kittens but I was promised puppies.  But then we get beavers and birds.  Beavers and birds!  Look, if birds are going to be allowed, prepare for shock and awwww.  Not right now, mind you, but when I can go take some pictures.  Should have taken more when they were tiny babies but they're grown up now.  I digress.  Prepare!!!  SHOCK AND AWWWW!
Mulder: "If you're distracted by fear of those around you, it keeps you from seeing the actions of those above."

The following users thanked this post: Mark Gardner, Ellie Drake

Mark Gardner

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2018, 08:53:31 AM »
I was promised puppies.  I'd prefer kittens but I was promised puppies.  But then we get beavers and birds.  Beavers and birds!  Look, if birds are going to be allowed, prepare for shock and awwww.  Not right now, mind you, but when I can go take some pictures.  Should have taken more when they were tiny babies but they're grown up now.  I digress.  Prepare!!!  SHOCK AND AWWWW!
I gotchu dude.
[

guest14

« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2018, 04:43:53 AM »

SYLVIA: Hi! Wanda.
WANDA: Hi! Sylvia.
How'd you die?
SYLVIA: I froze to death.
WANDA: How horrible!
SYLVIA: It wasn't so bad. After I quit shaking from the cold, I began to get warm & sleepy, and finally died a peaceful death.
What about you?
WANDA: I died of a massive heart attack. I suspected that my husband was cheating, so I came home early to catch him in the act. But instead, I found him all by himself in the den watching TV.
SYLVIA: So, what happened?
WANDA: I was so sure there was another woman there somewhere that I started running all over the house looking.
I ran up into the attic and searched, and down into the basement. Then I went through every closet and checked under all the beds.
I kept this up until I had looked everywhere, and finally I became so exhausted that I just keeled over with a heart attack and died.
SYLVIA: Too bad you didn't look in the freezer -- we'd both still be alive.

Anarchist

« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2018, 04:56:37 AM »

The following users thanked this post: Cathleen

idontknowyet

« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2018, 05:23:06 AM »

SYLVIA: Hi! Wanda.
WANDA: Hi! Sylvia.
How'd you die?
SYLVIA: I froze to death.
WANDA: How horrible!
SYLVIA: It wasn't so bad. After I quit shaking from the cold, I began to get warm & sleepy, and finally died a peaceful death.
What about you?
WANDA: I died of a massive heart attack. I suspected that my husband was cheating, so I came home early to catch him in the act. But instead, I found him all by himself in the den watching TV.
SYLVIA: So, what happened?
WANDA: I was so sure there was another woman there somewhere that I started running all over the house looking.
I ran up into the attic and searched, and down into the basement. Then I went through every closet and checked under all the beds.
I kept this up until I had looked everywhere, and finally I became so exhausted that I just keeled over with a heart attack and died.
SYLVIA: Too bad you didn't look in the freezer -- we'd both still be alive.

:icon_lol2: 

Eric Thomson

« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2018, 05:26:13 AM »
CAN ADMINS OF THIS GROUP DO A BETTER JOB OF MONITORING WHO IS ALLOWED IN HERE PLEASE? 😡😡😡😡😡😡😡
THERE’S A NEW MEMBER, AN ELDERLY WOMAN. WHO’S BEEN PRIVATELY MESSAGING MEMBERS, SENDING THEM NAKED PICTURES OF HERSELF IN NASTY POSES ALONG WITH CLOSE-UPS OF HER UNMENTIONABLES.

Why do I never get messages like this?  Am I not worthy?
*sniff*
Can't I get a little love too?

Post-Crisis D

« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2018, 03:20:03 PM »

Cathleen

« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2018, 04:59:29 PM »
Not puppies--but this is probably the funniest TV skit I've ever seen--Robin Williams and Carol Burnett, both in top form. :)

&t=1s

Anarchist

« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2018, 04:05:37 AM »

The following users thanked this post: kdiem

Jeff Tanyard

« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2018, 05:59:25 AM »

Anarchist

« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2018, 04:34:22 AM »
If your jimmies are easily rustled, I recommend against watching this. On the other hand, if you occasionally find yourself chuckling at the professionally offended, this might be for you...

MelanieMRodriguez

« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2018, 11:48:54 PM »
Aw, this should make any writer smile. Tricking spam people into giving you a quote for your nonexistent book.

Jeff Tanyard

« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2018, 06:23:57 AM »
James Veitch is hilarious.   :icon_rofl:

Anarchist

« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2018, 10:01:50 AM »

Post-Crisis D

« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2018, 10:31:57 AM »
Smile . . . or else.

Tonyonline

« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2018, 03:05:19 AM »

YouMeWe

« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2018, 11:51:43 PM »

:icon_lol2: Made me check my messages!

This works for me:

Pleez scoose n e errers, eyes lerrnin diktashun.

YouMeWe

« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2018, 11:55:05 PM »

In my house, that's the distinction between stupid and suicidal.
Pleez scoose n e errers, eyes lerrnin diktashun.

Jan Hurst-Nicholson

• Epic Novel unlocked
  • Don't let your emotions overpower your intellect
    • Just4kix Books
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2018, 05:09:36 AM »

Non-fiction, Fiction, family saga, humour, short stories, teen, children's
Jan Hurst-Nicholson | author website

The following users thanked this post: VisitasKeat

Anarchist

« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2018, 06:52:35 AM »

The following users thanked this post: VisitasKeat

Anarchist

« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2018, 04:08:07 AM »

VisitasKeat

• Short Novel unlocked
  • Following my characters. Wherever they take me.
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2018, 09:21:23 PM »
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AGBjI0x9VbM

Worth watching several times!

Jan Hurst-Nicholson

• Epic Novel unlocked
    • Just4kix Books
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2018, 09:58:25 PM »

VisitasKeat

• Short Novel unlocked
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2018, 02:15:20 AM »
Your face will bloom into laughter! grint Grin :icon_mrgreen: :icon_rofl: :hehe

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zfy9VqGzZKE

The following users thanked this post: Jeff Tanyard

dgcasey

• Long Novel unlocked
  • Take my memories. I hope you got a big appetite.
« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2018, 04:48:27 AM »
T: Yes, it's SIMON HAYNES

... crickets. Small boy crying.

Didn't Valdemort kill him?
I will not forget one line of this, not one day. I will always remember when the Doctor was me.
"The Tales of Garlan" title="The Tales of Garlan"
"Into The Wishing Well" title="Into The Wishing Well"
Dave's Amazon Author page | DGlennCasey.com | TheDailyPainter.com
I'm the Doctor by the way, what's your name? Rose. Nice to meet you, Rose. Run for your life!

dgcasey

• Long Novel unlocked
« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2018, 04:52:43 AM »
Okay, two videos for this thread. This first one has got to be the funniest scene in the movie The Incredibles 2.

I will not forget one line of this, not one day. I will always remember when the Doctor was me.
I'm the Doctor by the way, what's your name? Rose. Nice to meet you, Rose. Run for your life!

dgcasey

• Long Novel unlocked
« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2018, 04:57:01 AM »
And for the second video, probably the funniest skit from the Carol Burnett show.

The following users thanked this post: Jan Hurst-Nicholson

Jeff Tanyard

VisitasKeat

• Short Novel unlocked
« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2018, 01:28:45 AM »

Anarchist

« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2018, 05:03:59 PM »

notthatamanda

The following users thanked this post: Ghost5

notthatamanda

« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2018, 11:20:26 PM »
Kid's teacher just sent this to me this morning.  I never tried to attach something on a forum before, so fingers crossed.   :banana-riding-llama-smiley-em :banana-riding-llama-smiley-em :banana-riding-llama-smiley-em :banana-riding-llama-smiley-em :banana-riding-llama-smiley-em Parade of earless llamas cause she likes them.

Anarchist

« Reply #43 on: December 19, 2018, 12:31:08 AM »

The following users thanked this post: MelanieMRodriguez

dgcasey

• Long Novel unlocked
« Reply #44 on: December 19, 2018, 04:45:05 AM »

Very funny, except his middle name is Richard.

Post-Crisis D

« Reply #45 on: December 19, 2018, 05:16:28 AM »

Very funny, except his middle name is Richard.

That means he's MR Pence to you.  :hehe

Jan Hurst-Nicholson

• Epic Novel unlocked
    • Just4kix Books
« Reply #46 on: December 19, 2018, 07:18:39 PM »
Wishing all the Sanctum members well over the festive season and all you wish for yourselves in 2019
(my little dog already has her stocking out in preparation for her gifts  grint)

The following users thanked this post: Post-Crisis D, notthatamanda

Anarchist

« Reply #47 on: December 20, 2018, 01:09:53 AM »

Marti Talbott

« Reply #48 on: December 20, 2018, 01:42:13 PM »
My friend at work brought me a bouquet of dead roses. Said his wife didn't want them anymore.
Read The Swindler, a historical romance available at:
Amazon, Apple, Google Play, Kobo & Nook
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08QG5K23

dgcasey

• Long Novel unlocked
« Reply #49 on: December 20, 2018, 05:07:54 PM »

What's really funny is that we've fought our way to the top of the food chain only to have a bunch of people telling us we need to become vegetarians.  I'm gonna have a steak and taters dinner tonight just to show my disagreement with them. 

Grin