Author Topic: unsubscribe rates on email letters  (Read 984 times)

mike herman

unsubscribe rates on email letters
« on: December 14, 2018, 04:46:26 AM »
was wondering what kind of unsubscribe rates people are typically getting on their email letters. I'm between 2 and 3%. Don't know if that is normal or what. Spam complaint rate is 0.23%. I'm still not getting my open rate above 34%, even after adjusting the mailerlite settings (authentication). I'm guessing that means over 60% goes right to peoples trash bin.

Post-Crisis D

Re: unsubscribe rates on email letters
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2018, 04:59:52 AM »
I'm guessing that means over 60% goes right to peoples trash bin.

Not necessarily.  In order to determine the "open" rate, a tiny image is embedded into the message.  If the image is downloaded by the eMail client, it is counted as having been "opened."

If the eMail client does not support HTML mail (which is less and less likely these days) or if downloading images is turned off, then that image will not be downloaded and the message will not count as having been "opened."

So your open rate is never going to be accurate.  It just gives you a general idea of how many people may be opening your messages.
Mulder: "If you're distracted by fear of those around you, it keeps you from seeing the actions of those above."
The X-Files: "Blood"

The following users thanked this post: Ghost5, mike herman