Author Topic: When did Bookbub start saying in their rejections...  (Read 2032 times)

JRTomlin

When did Bookbub start saying in their rejections...
« on: June 23, 2020, 12:39:44 PM »
When did Bookbub start saying in their rejections that they were too full so resubmit in a week? I mean it's nice not to have to wait a month to resubmit so I am certainly not complaining. The change kind of came out of the blue a few months ago, and they haven't changed their FAQ. 🤔

ingobernable

Re: When did Bookbub start saying in their rejections...
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2020, 01:18:33 PM »
I don't think it's a change. It usually happens when they're really interested in your book but don't have a spot for it immediately. I did hear that some still got rejected even when they were asked to resubmitted after a week, but there's a high chance they'll pick your book, so just resubmit when they tell you to.

JRTomlin

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2020, 01:21:39 PM »
Heh. I have been getting that message for the past several months on every submission for the same book for a free promo. That's what finally caused me to bring it up.

I had checked to see if they had changed the FAQ and they haven't. As I said, I'm not complaining about not having to wait a month.  grint

ingobernable

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2020, 01:56:21 PM »
Hmm. That's interesting. All of my more recent rejections always say they want me to wait at least four weeks. Last time it took them eight days to accept my book, and I was moments away from canceling my submission because I thought the book was stuck in their review process for no reason. Maybe you could ask them what's going on, or just keep resubmitting.

JRTomlin

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2020, 02:01:15 PM »
I'll just keep submitting it. I'm sure there are reasons. It never happened before but like I said, there are worse things than only having to wait a week. 

notthatamanda

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2020, 12:30:13 AM »
I haven't submitted since October. I just submitted my New Adult Romance, permafree book 1 of the trilogy. They usually can't reject me fast enough, I'll let you know.

JRTomlin

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2020, 01:23:38 AM »
I am usually reluctant to discuss BB applications and rejections in public on the theory that they may be watching and get annoyed. *covers eyes*

ETA: And I am exaggerating slightly. I only had 3 'get back to us in a week' rejections in a row. I had a reasonably good promo in February and in November. Believe me, I have no reason to complain about Bookbub.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2020, 01:28:38 AM by JRTomlin »

JRTomlin

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2020, 02:36:49 AM »
I got a plain vanilla 'this does not suit' rejection this time so ...

notthatamanda

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2020, 06:49:37 AM »
Got my rejection:

If you submitted a $0.99+ deal, submit your book for a Featured Deal at a lower price point
Submit other books from your backlist
Re-submit your book in a few months, when it might be a better fit for our readers

Good luck with your next submission JRT

JRTomlin

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2020, 07:19:33 AM »
I'll submit a different novel next month. I generally have pretty good luck with them but Noble Traitor seems to be too different a look at Scottish history for some people.

MonkeyWithAPen

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2020, 06:16:41 AM »
That's weird. I just got a rejection last week (for a free feature) and it says wait four weeks and resubmit.

Eric Thomson

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2020, 06:24:29 AM »
That's weird. I just got a rejection last week (for a free feature) and it says wait four weeks and resubmit.
That's because they don't like you as much as they like JRTomlin.

I didn't see that wording on my rejection two weeks ago either, so you're in good company.

notthatamanda

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2020, 06:39:44 AM »
And mine said resubmit in a few months. Well, that's encouraging...not.

JRTomlin

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2020, 08:06:14 AM »
I think I have changed my mind about what my next submission will be. We'll see if they like A King Endangered. It starts with a new main character so it doesn't matter too much that it is Book 3 in a series and it sells through well to Book 4. I've never run a BB promo for it.

Could be wrong, but I think if you are a long-time advertiser that BB is more likely to give your submission a look although I don't think it makes them any more likely to actually accept it. Believe me, I've had more turned down than accepted over the years. But I've made a lot of money from the ones they accept so I keep trying.