Author Topic: What to enter in 'Publication Date' in KDP paperback for already released ebook?  (Read 1351 times)

MHodmann

• Blurb unlocked
I've finally decided to add a paperback version for one of my books (for a different pen name), so I've been diving into KDP paperback creation.

One of the fields to enter is 'Publication Date', which says something like "Your publication date is the date on which your book was first published." Does that include as an ebook? Should I enter the date that I first released this book as an ebook, or is it specific to the release as paperback?

I think it probably doesn't really matter, but maybe you guys have an opinion on this?

NathanBurrows

I can’t see that it matters - I’ve got different dates for ebook, paperback, and audiobook. They’re the dates the book was released in that format - not sure about putting a much earlier date (as in first release in any format) just in case Amazon’s bots throw me straight off the cliff edge.

The following users thanked this post: MHodmann

Ash

Yeah I concur, don't think it matters very much.

The following users thanked this post: MHodmann

MHodmann

• Blurb unlocked
In the end I left it blank, which means Amazon puts in the date of it going live.