Author Topic: I've become a vampire.  (Read 3791 times)

idontknowyet

I've become a vampire.
« on: October 19, 2018, 04:11:07 PM »
I don't even write PNR and seriously I think I'm turning into one. It 2am my time and i'm over here writing like a crazy person. The words just don't stop flowing. Why cant I write at a normal time like regular people.  :writethink: :n2Str17: :writethink:

Are there any other crazy writers out there?

The following users thanked this post: Ghost5, Rose Andrews, Jo

Ghost5

Re: I've become a vampire.
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2018, 04:13:07 PM »
Night Owl here, reporting for duty.
 :catrun

The following users thanked this post: idontknowyet

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
  • Earth Galaxy core, 2618
    • The Hunter Imperium Universe
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2018, 05:30:36 PM »
Another night owl here. I write between midnight and 3am, give or take an hour each way.

Moi, does not do mornings any more.
Genres: Space Opera/Fantasy/Cyberpunk, with elements of LitRPG and GameLit, with a touch of the Supernatural. Also Spiritual and Games.

Timothy Ellis Kindle Author page. | Join the Hunter Legacy mailing list | The Hunter Imperium Universe on Facebook. | Forum Promo Page.

Michelle Louring

• Novella unlocked
  • The owl is pure evil. Don't let him fool you.
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2018, 05:34:41 PM »
Used to be a night owl. Now I just own one, and keep a strict bedtime to avoid getting swept back into that nonsense!
I realized I had a problem when friends coming home from parties at 5am started writing me and I thought it was still around midnight  :dizzy

Crazy owl lady. I also occasionally write Fantasy books, but the owl is really all anyone cares about.

https://michellelouring.com/

CoryBarclay

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2018, 06:20:23 PM »
Sames. I seem to be writing later and later too...or earlier and earlier. Used to start around midnight, now it's more like 2-5am  :lalala

Also, not to detail the thread, but how can I make a signature like y'alls? I tried doing the code like from KB and the book covers were 6 million pixels high  :icon_eek:

Robin

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2018, 06:26:16 PM »
I wish I could write during the night, but my brain switches off around 8pm  :n2Str17: I also need to be strict with bedtimes because of migraines.

VanessaC

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2018, 09:08:53 PM »
I used to be a night owl, and would happily stay up until 1 / 2am, but sadly the demands of a day job, and the four legged residents, mean I'm now getting up at what used to be the middle of the night.  I am not that happy about it, although I do feel I get more done.

Perhaps if I ever get to write full time, I will revert to vampire mode, too.  :icon_mrgreen:

Genre: Fantasy

Jo

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2018, 02:01:48 AM »
Not exactly a night owl. I get up very early  :banana:
Jo

Post-Crisis D

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2018, 02:18:23 AM »
Another night owl here. I write between midnight and 3am, give or take an hour each way.

That used to be my writing time but I'll pay for it the next day if I stay up that late.

I realized I had a problem when friends coming home from parties at 5am started writing me and I thought it was still around midnight  :dizzy

Friends?  What are these things of which you speak?
Mulder: "If you're distracted by fear of those around you, it keeps you from seeing the actions of those above."
The X-Files: "Blood"

The following users thanked this post: Mark Gardner, idontknowyet

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
  • Earth Galaxy core, 2618
    • The Hunter Imperium Universe
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2018, 02:20:23 AM »

Friends?  What are these things of which you speak?

:icon_think:  :shrug
Genres: Space Opera/Fantasy/Cyberpunk, with elements of LitRPG and GameLit, with a touch of the Supernatural. Also Spiritual and Games.

Timothy Ellis Kindle Author page. | Join the Hunter Legacy mailing list | The Hunter Imperium Universe on Facebook. | Forum Promo Page.

Becca_Price

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2018, 02:23:29 AM »
I'm bipolar, and part of my stability regimen is keeping "normal" hours. If I do like I did last week and stay up til 4:30 am reading several nights in a row, it kicks of a certain mania and I wind up spending more money than I can afford, usually on Amazon. My best writing hours seem to be b etween 12:00 noon and 4:00 - I have to stop at 4, for various reasons. I do my research after 4.
 :catrun
]]
www.wyrmtalespress.com  wyrmtalespress@gmail.com
Join my mailing list at at http://eepurl.com/JA5e1

The following users thanked this post: idontknowyet, Ghost5, Jo

Rob Martin

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2018, 03:57:12 AM »
I used to only be able to write (for myself) between 10pm and 1am. Unfortunately this meant I would spend most of my day exhausted since I would have to get up at 6 to get everyone ready for work/school. I'd spend all day at work, get home between 6:30 and 7:00 at night, play with the kids, do whatever was necessary, put the kids to bed by 8 and then relax (generally reading or watching TV) until 10. Unfortunately, that was a schedule I can only keep up for so long without burnout. Now, my alarm goes of at 4 am, I'm writing uninterrupted between 4:30 and 6:30, off to work, regular routine and in bed asleep by 9pm. Funny thing is, I getting twice the work done now than I was before (not to mention I'm way more alert and less grumpy with my kids).
I write because I want to, not because of the woman standing over my shoulder holding a particularly pointy object. Right, dear?

The following users thanked this post: idontknowyet, Jo

WasAnn

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2018, 08:19:32 AM »
I'm the opposite. I get up early every single day and go to bed at a reasonable time every single night. I love getting up early and seeing the day begin. My dog actually sleeps later than I do!

Science Fiction is my game.

Shoe

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2018, 09:01:21 AM »
The single greatest improvement I've ever made in my life, and I'm including everything, is getting a memory foam mattress. It's pure bliss. I can't wait to get into it every night.

Aside from that, my writing prime-time is early seven am to two or three in the afternoon. They're the golden hours writing-wise, so I don't screw with late nights anymore. There's something about an early start that can't be beaten.
Martin Luther King: "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."

CoraBuhlert

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2018, 09:06:11 AM »
I'm another night owl writer, since my most productive writer times are night and very early morning.

Blog | Pegasus Pulp | Newsletter | Author Central | Twitter | Instagram
Genres: All of them, but mostly science fiction and mystery/crime

dgcasey

• Long Novel unlocked
  • Take my memories. I hope you got a big appetite.
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2018, 11:53:40 AM »
I'm a night owl writer, but it would be fair to say I can write at any time. I drive Honey Bunny crazy because I can't sleep for more than four hours at a time. So, if I crawl into bed around eleven, I will wake up around three and if I don't fall back to sleep within ten minutes or so, I get up. I can't just lay there, looking at the ceiling, wondering why I'm awake. I'd rather just get up and do something. Most of the time either writing or painting.
I will not forget one line of this, not one day. I will always remember when the Doctor was me.
"The Tales of Garlan" title="The Tales of Garlan"
"Into The Wishing Well" title="Into The Wishing Well"
Dave's Amazon Author page | DGlennCasey.com | TheDailyPainter.com
I'm the Doctor by the way, what's your name? Rose. Nice to meet you, Rose. Run for your life!

Kyra Halland

« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2018, 03:55:14 PM »
Sames. I seem to be writing later and later too...or earlier and earlier. Used to start around midnight, now it's more like 2-5am  :lalala

Also, not to detail the thread, but how can I make a signature like y'alls? I tried doing the code like from KB and the book covers were 6 million pixels high  :icon_eek:

Here's the instructions, from the Administration section: https://writersanctum.com/index.php?topic=589.0

On the subject of the thread, I'm a night owl too, but I also have a husband who has to get up early in the morning who doesn't always want to sleep alone, and cats who think 4 am is the perfect time for First Breakfast. So of necessity I try to get my work done during the day, but usually don't get started until the middle of the afternoon.

My best semester in college, lo these many years ago, I didn't have class until 10:30 in the morning, so I would do most of my homework and studying between 10 and 2 at night.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2018, 04:00:52 PM by Kyra Halland »

Strong women, honorable men, worlds of magic

Kyra Halland | Website | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads

Genres: Epic Romantic Fantasy; Western Fantasy

Authoress

« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2018, 06:56:49 PM »
I've been a night owl for many years but have been on holiday with family & they get up at stupid o'clock, so at the moment I'm going to bed earlier & getting up earlier but I'm sure I'll soon drift back into my 'normal' routine of being up until anywhere between 3 am & 5 am.

Rose Andrews

• Short Story unlocked
  • Historical Western & 20th Century Romance
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2018, 06:20:13 PM »
I have to be up at 5:30-6 a.m. so an early bedtime is proper for me. Tonight, however, not so. It's my weekend, past 1 in the morning, and I'm writing. Think it was the coffee at 8 p.m.  :hehe
20th Century & Western Historical Romance
Rose Historicals Website | Pinterest | Instagram

Pandorra

« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2018, 03:09:41 AM »
Same. I do my best writing at night when the distractions are all sleeping lol ... there is also something about the mood at night, it's just easier for me to be creative.

Dean Rencraft | Authors in Motion