Author Topic: Not Again!  (Read 1113 times)

Doglover

Not Again!
« on: November 06, 2018, 03:16:19 PM »
Sorry to rant, but this is ridiculous. I published a new book a week ago, the third in a trilogy; everything went through ok. I bought a copy of the paperback, as I always do, and on re-reading the first in the trilogy, I noticed a discrepancy between it and the latest one. So, I corrected the latest one, uploaded it again and was told the text on the cover was obscured. I didn't change the cover, so I queried it.

I got a reply from someone who barely spoke English, telling me it shouldn't have gone through the first time and it was the description on the back that wasn't clear enough. I changed the colour of the text and uploaded it again. It all went through fine, but again, I found a small discrepancy so I changed the manuscript and uploaded it again, cover untouched, and guess what? 'the text on your cover is obscured'.

I don't know whether to query it again, upload it without changing anything or once again change the back cover text. I'm running out of suitable colours that will show up. I could just leave it; it's still for sale, after all, and I've already got a review which doesn't mention any of the niggling little things that I can see. But I need to do it for my own peace of mind.

So irritating.  :icon_think: