Author Topic: The new quality dashboard  (Read 2535 times)

Lysmata Debelius

The new quality dashboard
« on: June 06, 2019, 12:13:37 AM »
Is this a new thing, or am I behind the times?  Just got the following email from KDP:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

As a valued KDP publisher, we're including you in an invite-only release of our new eBook Quality Issues Dashboard. Starting today, this dashboard is the way we'll communicate alerts about your eBooks' quality issues.
What’s new :

If you have quality issues to review, you'll see a yellow bar with a link to the Dashboard at the top of your KDP Bookshelf.
On your Dashboard, you can see all issues for all your titles and fix them.
For any new suppression or quality warnings, we'll send you an alert email as soon as possible.
Every Monday you'll receive a weekly notification email for any open quality issues, and will no longer have to manage individual emails for each eBook.
What’s not changing for you :

The information we provide to understand and locate quality issues.
The options to resolve each issue.
You can still contact KDP Customer Support for any questions or to follow-up on an open issue.
To learn more about the eBook Quality Dashboard, check our Help page: https://kdp.amazon.com/help/topic/GWCUU33VBJHFSRYN

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
  • Earth Galaxy core, 2618
    • The Hunter Imperium Universe
Re: The new quality dashboard
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2019, 12:15:52 AM »
I've had the email and used it several times now.

It is recent though.
Genres: Space Opera/Fantasy/Cyberpunk, with elements of LitRPG and GameLit, with a touch of the Supernatural. Also Spiritual and Games.

Timothy Ellis Kindle Author page. | Join the Hunter Legacy mailing list | The Hunter Imperium Universe on Facebook. | Forum Promo Page.

RPatton

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2019, 12:52:53 AM »
They've been slowly rolling it out. If a book has a formatting/quality issue, you'll see it on your dashboard instead of an email getting lost in the spam or whatever folder emails wander into never to be seen again.

TimothyEllis

• Forum Owner
  • Administrator
  • Series unlocked
  • Earth Galaxy core, 2618
    • The Hunter Imperium Universe
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2019, 12:56:15 AM »
They've been slowly rolling it out. If a book has a formatting/quality issue, you'll see it on your dashboard instead of an email getting lost in the spam or whatever folder emails wander into never to be seen again.

I pointed out to them that without an email, the average author who only releases a book a year is never going to see there is any issues in any useful time frame. No reply.
Genres: Space Opera/Fantasy/Cyberpunk, with elements of LitRPG and GameLit, with a touch of the Supernatural. Also Spiritual and Games.

Timothy Ellis Kindle Author page. | Join the Hunter Legacy mailing list | The Hunter Imperium Universe on Facebook. | Forum Promo Page.

Jan Hurst-Nicholson

• Epic Novel unlocked
  • Don't let your emotions overpower your intellect
    • Just4kix Books
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2019, 12:42:32 AM »

I pointed out to them that without an email, the average author who only releases a book a year is never going to see there is any issues in any useful time frame. No reply.

Bet no one thought to consult authors before rolling this out  :icon_rolleyes:

Non-fiction, Fiction, family saga, humour, short stories, teen, children's
Jan Hurst-Nicholson | author website

Simon Haynes

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2019, 12:51:36 AM »
I think I've had two 'quality issues' in the past 8 years, and both were for minor typos. Not something I'll be clicking on very often.

Marti Talbott

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2019, 06:45:44 AM »
Is this a new thing, or am I behind the times?  Just got the following email from KDP:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

As a valued KDP publisher, we're including you in an invite-only release of our new eBook Quality Issues Dashboard. Starting today, this dashboard is the way we'll communicate alerts about your eBooks' quality issues.
What’s new :

If you have quality issues to review, you'll see a yellow bar with a link to the Dashboard at the top of your KDP Bookshelf.
On your Dashboard, you can see all issues for all your titles and fix them.
For any new suppression or quality warnings, we'll send you an alert email as soon as possible.
Every Monday you'll receive a weekly notification email for any open quality issues, and will no longer have to manage individual emails for each eBook.
What’s not changing for you :

The information we provide to understand and locate quality issues.
The options to resolve each issue.
You can still contact KDP Customer Support for any questions or to follow-up on an open issue.
To learn more about the eBook Quality Dashboard, check our Help page: https://kdp.amazon.com/help/topic/GWCUU33VBJHFSRYN

Oh man, this just happened to me. A book I published years ago had two typos. That's okay, I want my books to be perfect and I realized readers submit those.

But....it freaked me out when I first saw the notice because I only went to the dashboard to change the keywords on another book. I don't know how long the notice has been there or if they would have sent me an email, a warning or something if I didn't fix it. I guess I should make a habit of checking it everyday. What else can we do?
Calming down now.
Read The Swindler, a historical romance available at:
Amazon, Apple, Google Play, Kobo & Nook
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08QG5K23

cecilia_writer

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2019, 05:35:05 AM »
I got the email about it just now but I can't see any yellow bar on the bookshelf. I filled in their survey but it was fairly meaningless as I can't honestly remember when they last alerted me to typos etc. Usually I see them myself first or one of my friends does.
Cecilia Peartree - Woman of Mystery

Marti Talbott

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2019, 05:52:08 AM »
I got the email about it just now but I can't see any yellow bar on the bookshelf. I filled in their survey but it was fairly meaningless as I can't honestly remember when they last alerted me to typos etc. Usually I see them myself first or one of my friends does.

It is only yellow if something needs to be fixed. Otherwise, it says: View your Quality Issues Dashboard
You can click on that and see what kinds of notices you might get. I think I have caught everything too, but with over 50 books, there is always something.
Read The Swindler, a historical romance available at:
Amazon, Apple, Google Play, Kobo & Nook
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08QG5K23

The following users thanked this post: cecilia_writer

cecilia_writer

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2019, 06:39:03 AM »
There's no mention of quality control at all when I login to kdp on my Kindle Fire - had better check it out on the laptop.
Cecilia Peartree - Woman of Mystery

JRTomlin

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2019, 10:10:54 AM »
I've had it for a while. Can't see that it's terrifically useful but I suppose it can't do much harm either.