Author Topic: What TV series are you watching right now?  (Read 47919 times)

Maggie Ann

Re: What TV series are you watching right now?
« Reply #450 on: November 11, 2021, 02:58:42 AM »
Bosch

First season featured Jason Gedrick as the killer. He was honestly so creepy that I had to remind myself of the cute little boy pilot who rescues his father in Iron Eagle. Otherwise, I couldn't have kept watching. The other seasons were not as intense.  But I stopped watching after season 5. Just wanted to move on to something else. I'll go back to it, maybe in a couple of months.

Lynn

« Reply #451 on: November 11, 2021, 04:27:05 AM »
Born Again (Korean, Viki)

Love the reincarnation / crime / psychopath plot. Main lead really knows how to sell his role. :D Very fun show so far. About 2/3rd of the way through now. :)
Don't rush me.

j tanner

« Reply #452 on: November 11, 2021, 09:32:11 AM »
Peaky Blinders on Netflix.

Post WWI gangsters in England starring Cillian Murphy probably best known from 28 Days Later and Batman Begins (as Scarecrow).

Just completed Season 1.

The production value, cinematography, cast, and acting are exceptional. The story early on had me wondering but the last couple episodes of S1 have given me some confidence the writers know where they're going even if they're being coy with it.

The following users thanked this post: Anarchist

Eric Thomson

« Reply #453 on: November 11, 2021, 09:38:07 AM »
Re-watching New Tricks. I lost track of the series after the first six or eight seasons (PBS and our own public TV channel, TVO aren't the most reliable when it comes to series) but with BritBox, I can binge on the entire thing. For some reason, New Tricks' upbeat style of crime solving always cheers me up.

Anarchist

« Reply #454 on: November 11, 2021, 10:06:51 AM »

Post WWI gangsters in England starring Cillian Murphy probably best known from 28 Days Later and Batman Begins (as Scarecrow).

Just completed Season 1.

The production value, cinematography, cast, and acting are exceptional. The story early on had me wondering but the last couple episodes of S1 have given me some confidence the writers know where they're going even if they're being coy with it.

I'm waiting for the last season to drop before starting the series.

I'm excited to watch it. Any series with a majority of episodes written by the creator (in this case, Steven Knight) gets my attention.
"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: there is never enough of anything to fully satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics.” – Thomas Sowell

"The State is an institution run by gangs of murderers, plunderers and thieves, surrounded by willing executioners, propagandists, sycophants, crooks, liars, clowns, charlatans, dupes and useful idiots—an institution that dirties and taints everything it touches.” - Hans Hoppe

Nothing that requires the labor of others is a basic human right.

I keep a stiff upper lip and shoot from the hip. - AC/DC

Maggie Ann

« Reply #455 on: November 11, 2021, 10:38:06 AM »
Re-watching New Tricks. I lost track of the series after the first six or eight seasons (PBS and our own public TV channel, TVO aren't the most reliable when it comes to series) but with BritBox, I can binge on the entire thing. For some reason, New Tricks' upbeat style of crime solving always cheers me up.

I enjoy New Tricks as well. I'm on my third run through.

Maggie Ann

« Reply #456 on: November 11, 2021, 11:13:29 AM »

Just completed Season 1.

The title made me think that it was a BritCom that I would like. Then I looked it up. NOT. I passed. But it's a great title.